S Yates
    C Froome
    I Stannard
    G Thomas
    M Cavendish
    B Wiggins till he retires in April then the returning Sergio Henao
    R Majka
    A Kristoff

Got to be happy with the original 9 - strong Classic, one day, stage and GT performances throughout. Maybe looking to move out Henao and Cavendish.

I'll be holding open trials throughout January so pass the word on.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,570
    With all the support for Pokerface's world hour record, it got me thinking. What the forum really needs is its own pro, BR's man and everyone's my man that we can unite behind. So who is going to step up to the mark and turn pro, or which pros can we attract to the highly intelligently discussions here in Pro Race?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    ...I can give it a go...

I'm sure RR has SDBs private number. I ll see if he has any more space
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Nice end to the season for my man, Trentin!! :)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    ...I can give it a go...

Dave think twice...if you go pro it means that some rider on the roster with no skill set in looking at rocks ends up destitute. Could you race at WT level with that on your conscience?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ...I can give it a go...

Dave think twice...if you go pro it means that some rider on the roster with no skill set in looking at rocks ends up destitute. Could you race at WT level with that on your conscience?

:D
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Shame Rock Racing disbanded really, the adverts we could have done....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    ...I can give it a go...

It's all good. Paolini will probably be looking for a new job, and he knew a good rock when he saw one (allegedly), so there will be space at Katusha open for the rock-challenged ex-Sky rider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Yellow Peril
    ...I can give it a go...

It's all good. Paolini will probably be looking for a new job, and he knew a good rock when he saw one (allegedly), so there will be space at Katusha open for the rock-challenged ex-Sky rider.

Paolini looks the kind of guy who might have his own rock hammer...
    @JaunePeril

• mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    With all the support for Pokerface's world hour record, it got me thinking. What the forum really needs is its own pro, BR's man and everyone's my man that we can unite behind. So who is going to step up to the mark and turn pro, or which pros can we attract to the highly intelligently discussions here in Pro Race?

Don't we sort of do this with the unsung hero for the Tour - Cheng-watch and the guy from Bretagne-Seche.

We could expand it though - perhaps have a different BR Man throughout the season - so 1 for the classics, then 1 for the Giro, 1 for the Tour and 1 for the Vuelta.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138

Peter Kennaugh
    A good season for Little Pete, I thought his win at the Dauphine was first class.
    Surprised that you havn't broadcast little Pete's latest triumph on your local roads. (well I havn't seen nowt)
    29th September 2015
    Isle of Man cyclist Peter Kennaugh has broken Chris Boardman's 22-year record for cycling a lap of the TT course.
    Kennaugh completed a lap of the 37.7 mile (60km) Mountain Course in one hour 23 minutes and 48 seconds.
    It was six seconds faster than former Olympic individual pursuit gold medallist Boardman's time, set during the Isle of Man Cycling Week in 1993.
    The Onchan rider received £3,000 from a local sponsor for breaking the record.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586

Fairly sure DG is doing an hour attempt....
  • deejay
    `
    My man, I was the first to pick him and he gave me pleasure at the Start of the Season
    Re: My man 2015 - the 9 man squad
    Postby deejay » 24 Jan 2015 14:17

Ian Stannard -
    I shall be more than pleased if Ian could repeat his performance next month.
    Well he did that.
    I had no GT winners but plenty of excitement from the others, except Kittel.
    Niki Terpstra is still a worthwhile favourite and he is down to ride this Sundays (week long) LONDON "6 Day" race.
  • Yellow Peril

Peter Kennaugh
    A good season for Little Pete, I thought his win at the Dauphine was first class.
    Surprised that you havn't broadcast little Pete's latest triumph on your local roads. (well I havn't seen nowt)
    29th September 2015
    Isle of Man cyclist Peter Kennaugh has broken Chris Boardman's 22-year record for cycling a lap of the TT course.
    Kennaugh completed a lap of the 37.7 mile (60km) Mountain Course in one hour 23 minutes and 48 seconds.
    It was six seconds faster than former Olympic individual pursuit gold medallist Boardman's time, set during the Isle of Man Cycling Week in 1993.
    The Onchan rider received £3,000 from a local sponsor for breaking the record.

Hmm well...Let me say that, without a shadow of a doubt, it was an excellent ride...However, the course has changed a little since Boardman's day. The left hander at Brandish has been smoothed out by which I mean completely redesigned to be faster. Also I don't know if Little Pete went down Governer's Dip which would have added a few seconds to his ride.
    @JaunePeril

• deejay

Hmm well...Let me say that, without a shadow of a doubt, it was an excellent ride...However, the course has changed a little since Boardman's day. The left hander at Brandish has been smoothed out by which I mean completely redesigned to be faster. Also I don't know if Little Pete went down Governer's Dip which would have added a few seconds to his ride.
    Not a bad little Earner though. I'm sorry I brought it up, as Local knowlege spoils the story a bit.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    My men:

Adam Hansen - 13 GTs in a row! Legend! And battled through some nasty injuries. Stays.
    Sep Vanmarcke - Ultimately disappointing. May or may not stay on the list... depends on whether LottoNL-Jumbo sort their tyre situation out.
    Joaquin “Purito” Rodriguez - My ultimate man. He tries and tries and keeps getting pipped... Stays.
    Luca Paolini - What a first half... then he blew it. Stays if he doesn't get banned.
    Alexander Kristoff - Performed though the season, won Flanders and a few others... Stays.
    Darwin Atapuma - Meh. I'd forgotten about him and Chavez is my Colombian man for next year. Out. Chavez in.
    Michal Kwiatkowski - Did well with Amstel and enough to honour the jersey. Next year will be interesting... probably stays.
    Svein Tuft - Dude... he keeps on riding. Back with OGE for 2 more years. Stays.
    Andriy Grivko - My Ukrainian. Well he wasn't picked for the wins, but he was a decent domestique. Stays.
  • My men:

Adam Hansen - 13 GTs in a row! Legend! And battled through some nasty injuries. Stays.
    Sep Vanmarcke - Ultimately disappointing. May or may not stay on the list... depends on whether LottoNL-Jumbo sort their tyre situation out.
    Joaquin “Purito” Rodriguez - My ultimate man. He tries and tries and keeps getting pipped... Stays.
    Luca Paolini - What a first half... then he blew it. Stays if he doesn't get banned.
    Alexander Kristoff - Performed though the season, won Flanders and a few others... Stays.
    Darwin Atapuma - Meh. I'd forgotten about him and Chavez is my Colombian man for next year. Out. Chavez in.
    Michal Kwiatkowski - Did well with Amstel and enough to honour the jersey. Next year will be interesting... probably stays.
    Andriy Grivko - My Ukrainian. Well he wasn't picked for the wins, but he was a decent domestique. Stays.

It wasn't a class B, dish....

Your man Chavez will be a worthy successor to your ultimate man when Purito finally calls time and sparks up the ultimate cigar to celebrate his retirement
  • My men:

It wasn't a class B, dish.... :)

Your man Chavez will be a worthy successor to your ultimate man when Purito finally calls time and sparks up the ultimate cigar to celebrate his retirement