Cannondale Trigger 4 27.5

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale Posts: 2
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi everyone, first time poster.
I'm completely new to mountain biking and looking for a decent full suspension bike which will be used for a bit of everything; xc, downhill, uphill etc. Found a Cannondale Trigger 4 at £1000 which seems like a bargain looking at the specs. I can't really find any reviews on it so looking for opinions here. Thanks.
Specs:

Forks - Fox 32 Evolution Float CTD FIT 27.5, 140mm, 15QR thru axle, 1.5", 51mm offset
Rear Shock - Fox DYAD RT2, 140/85mm adj. travel
Rear Derailleur - Shimano SLX, Shadow Plus
Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore, direct mount
Shifters - Shimano SLX w/ I-Spec 30 Speed
Chainset - Shimano Deore Hollowtech II, 40/30/22
Bottom Bracket - FSA MegaExo w/ BB30 adapter
Brakes - Shimano SLX Hydraulic Disc
Rims - WTB ST i19 27.5 TCS, 32 hole, tubeless ready
Tyres - WTB Wolverine TCS, 27.5x2.2"

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Theres at least two other recent threads about the Trigger. Look them up, it's generally all good.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    The thread's a bit long and rambling now but also look here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cannondale-trigger-bargain

I bought a Trigger 2 in the same sale and very happy with it so far. Trigger 4 looks a great spec and would have been more than enough bike for me but I wanted a dropper post and always fancied trying a Lefty so I went for the 2 in the end
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Jesus, £2.5k down to £1k??!! Agree that spec and reviews look pretty good really so what's the catch? How the hell are Paul's Cycles making any profit on that, surely? I know their different bikes, but if you're in the market for maybe your first half decent MTB at the £1k mark, then you're looking at comparing Go Outdoors new Calibre Bossnut and this Cannondale Trigger 4 - looks like almighty bargain of the day to me?

Don't need a new MTB personally, but looking at this I'm bloody tempted.
  • rockmonkeysc
    They don't sell well because people are put off by the pull shock which cannot be replaced with any other shock. There's actually nothing wrong with it, Fox make the shock and they're reliable enough.
    Canondale aren't particularly fashionable which doesn't help with sales.
    They are so cheap because it's surplus stock which has to be shifted to make way for 2016 Bikes.
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Excuse my naivety RM, but what are the specifics of a pull-shock?
  • rockmonkeysc
    The shock works in tension rather than compression. The seals are constantly in oil with a pull shock and pulling it removes any torque moment you get from compressing a shock which means less stiction. That's the theory anyway. It does work though.