Life Paint Safe Cycling

chipyluna
chipyluna Posts: 3
edited October 2015 in Commuting general
Hi all I have just heard that a particular car brand are rolling their Life Paint out to the general public at their dealerships on the 24th and 25th of October 2015, as someone who rides to and from work everyday I will be getting my hands on a can of this stuff, you spray it on to your bikes coats bags etc and when headlights beam on to you you basically glow in the dark, this will be fantastic for me crossing busy roads as I do and especially since the nights are getting earlier.

I'm not going to advertise the name on here as I want to abide by the rules but I'm sure by looking up Life paint yourselves you will be able to see where the nearest place to get your hands on it are.

Be safe
Charlotte

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    lasting for approximately 1 week after application

I'd prefer something more durable. I guess the 1 week is in good conditions so if it rains it washes off?

If you go down to the bottom of the car manufacturer's website there is the name of the supplier. The 'invisible' paint is recommended for fabric. They do a permanent reflective paint for metal, but it's grey in colour.
  • That is the only thing that it inst permanent but then at the same time I don't fancy painting my new bike battleship grey lol I know it is about safety and think I would prefer by bike lit up like Blackpool illuminations with lights rather than painting it, this is just a quick and easy solution that is also quite fun. I will buy a can anyway and see how it goes and how long it lasts me who cycles 6 days a week to and fro.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    http://respro.com/store/product/sticker-kits

Choose a sheet that's the same colour as your bike, done.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Use the Volvo name in search and you'll find an extensive thread on here already
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Bought some Albedo 100 metallic spray last year, now the bike is reflective AF, also so is the path nearby, and many bushes and the side of the house.

NOTE: don't spray the bike when it is windy.
    also.. a light dusting works much better than a thick coat