Conti tires and suggestions

ferfred2
ferfred2 Posts: 19
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hey!

My preset tires worn out and I will buy new ones. I do marathon/x-crountry mountain biking in all kinds of terrain (hard,soft, sand, gravel, rocks, mud,etc...).

I thought about a Conti X-King 2.4 for the front and a Race King 2.2 for the rear. What is the opinion on that? Any other suggestions?

Comments

• nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Not sure on availability these days but I've gone through many a pair of Conti Verticals. Cheap, wear OK, good puncture resistance and decent grip on wide variety of surfaces. Also like the Panaracer XC Pro.
  • So, here in Brazil, I observed that these Conti Tires I mentioned are seen as high end level. And pretty much the most offered types of tires from Continental are them. They cost roughly R$150, which is something around 35 euros or 25 pounds.
    Anyone with experience in these tires to give a veredict?
  • They cost roughly R$150, which is something around 35 euros or 25 pounds.

The Performance, I should emphasize.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    2.4 is a bit wide for XC use!

The high end Conti are good, but the low end steel bead ones are pretty poor, I prefer Schwalbe, folding bead and EVO (also called pacestar) compound, through summer it's a Ron on the front and a Ralph on the back, winter it's Nics.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.