Fulcrum wheels - good buy ?

gunny_bedford
gunny_bedford Posts: 347
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I have recently purchased a set of Fulcrum wheels for what i thought was a pretty good deal, so thought i would perhaps share it with the forum :

I purchased a set of Fulcrum racing 55 LG's (basically re branded racing 5's for OEM with manufacturers such as Cube) for £128. Now the lowest i can find else where is £157 with the average price being around £170.

I got them from a German company Bike Discount http://www.bike-discount.de/en
The experience was very good, dispatched fairly quickly via DHL, they send you an e mail with the link to the DHL tracking service, so you can plot you parcels movements across Europe.

I would recommend this to anyone perhaps thinking about getting a new set of fulcrum wheels, they sell other makes and bike parts for what seems good prices.

cheers

Neil

Comments

• ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    I have never heard of '55's but if they are as described by you (ie. same as Fulcrum Racing 5 LG) then the answer is probably 'yes' (but the wheel snobs on the site will likely disagree). I paid a bit more than that for my 5 LGs in March although I actually bought mine from Wiggle who price matched the price then being quoted by Bike Discount. The price match thing is something I would always suggest doing if you find a better deal from a trader in another EU country. I have also found the Wiggle price matching policy to be a bit more flexible than, say, Evans and the advantage of using a UK supplier is that returns procedures are generally easier.

That said, why ask the question? The money has already been spent and if you get told that they were not the bargain you hoped for, you will only beat yourself up.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    that's reasonable for fulcrum wheels - Fulcrum racing 7s are around that price - 5's are a bit more expensive - IMHO both wheelsets are good reliable training wheels.
    I'm just retiring my first set of FR wheels - they're 3 years old, the freehub has fractured making it difficult to fit a 10 speed cassette (8 is ok - I'll have to test 9) - my fault I think for over tightening it ... the front wheel has just had a spoke pull through the hub - it's a direct pull spoke rather than the usual 90° angled one. I'm not that bothered as it has been hammered over the last 3 years and the rim was getting a bit worn...
  • Sorry title probably wrong ! wasnt asking if it was a good buy, as i think it is ! they are 5's just re -badge for OEM i posted it for forum members to be aware of the good deal (IMHO)