Difference between Rockshox 30 gold TK and Rockshox recon go

pista
pista Posts: 3
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hello, I am looking to replace my shitty suntourn fork which does not work at all, I found 2 forks which are around 150 £.
First one is Rockshox 30 gold TK which comes with pump and service kit, and 2nd one is Rockshox recon gold plain only fork.
They both cost same. Is there any big difference in those two forks? Since they both have TK dumpers, and gold is just 50 grams lighter. Does is worth to give those extra 20/30£ for pump/service kit if buying recon gold or not ?
Or maybe better to save for 1-2 months more and get something better like Manitou Tower Pro?
Would also like to look something for longer term, which is cheaper to maintain, and not feeling like replacing it any time soon. Maybe in few years completely with new bike.

Thank you

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The 30 Gold will have all the rigidity of a wet noodle and very basic damping. The Recon has 32mm stanchions for much better rigidity so they will hold a line much better. The Recon may have a better damper depending whether or not it's the RL model.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Suntour Epixon (nee Epicon) is much better than either for similar money.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pista
    pista Posts: 3
    The Suntour Epixon (nee Epicon) is much better than either for similar money.
    Yes i heard that also, but the problem is I cannot find Epixon in any Europe bike shop.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Look for Epicon, also look online.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.