Fox 32 float

geordiebrian
geordiebrian Posts: 63
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
I've just got myself the new Scott scale 750 with the Fox float 32 with 3 different settings but all the settings seem tube the same anyone else got the same problem

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Do they feel the same when you just slowly push them down by hand or when riding?
    They adjust the compression damping which doesn't make the fork stiffer but controls the rate at which they compress.
    On the Fox 32 Evolution fork it's a fairly crap damper and only really works properly in the D position.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    The C setting should have the fork locked out?
  • The forks don't lock at all and they all feel the same when you push them
  • rockmonkeysc
    It's not a lock. It closes the compression damper.
  • There's no difference between the 3 settings
  • rockmonkeysc
    Have you tried riding it?
  • Yip been out a few times on it can't tell any difference between settings
  • rockmonkeysc
    Take it back to the shop then
  • That's where it's going
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Without being rude you seem to not really understand them and I'm willing to bet there is actually nothing wrong with them.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Lower the pressure in the fork until almost fully deflated so it is really easy to compress them. Also turn your rebound damper knob on the bottom of the right leg fully anticlockwise to remove as much rebound damping as possible ( as if you are looking upwards at it ).

By hand extend and compress your fork and try the three different settings. Like this you should really notice the difference between the CTD settings on compression because most if not all of the Compression resistance will be coming from your damper rather than part damper / part air spring.
  • rockmonkeysc
    More than a couple people have posted on here to say the CTD didn't do anything only to find out it was working perfectly. Randomly bouncing on the fork it will feel the same in all three settings.