Colnago CZ Zero VS Canyon Endurace CF 7.0

Dinesh2988
Dinesh2988 Posts: 16
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
confused between the Colnago CZ Zero and the Canyon Endurace CF 7.0 both comes with 105 Groupset and has a more relaxed geometry for long distance rides .. This is gone be a my first road bike ...
Any suggestions on which one to go for and which one is better ... I don't intend to race just for casual long distance riding ...
How good the frame and components are from each of this manufacturers..
Any more helps and tips would be helpful..

Comments

• ianSWBB
    ianSWBB Posts: 25
    Colnago CX Zero would be my vote!

The technology of their high-end frames but in a more relaxed geometry

Obviously I would advise against the stock spec version and recommend a custom build option
    That way you get the gearing you want/need, the bars/stem/saddle you like and most importantly, the option to have decent wheels as opposed to the very basic ones that come on the stock spec version! :wink:
  • bluedog99
    bluedog99 Posts: 183
    How does the Colnago CZ Zero size up. As they are sloping top tube, which size would suit a person 5` 11". Would it be 52s or 54s.
    Cheers.
    Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.
  • ianSWBB
    bluedog99
    Yes, you're right - the CX Zero is a sloping top tube - 4cm
    So a 52s is the equivalent to a 56cm - this would be the size for someone averagely proportioned 5'10"/5'11"
    (a 54s is the equivalent to a 58cm, so really for 6'0"/6'1")
    However, having said all of that, if you are particularly long legged or long armed for someone who is 5'11", then the 54s might work!
    PM me with the details of your current ride and I can advise you more accurately :)
    regards, Ian
  • bluedog99
    bluedog99
    Yes, you're right - the CX Zero is a sloping top tube - 4cm
    So a 52s is the equivalent to a 56cm - this would be the size for someone averagely proportioned 5'10"/5'11"
    (a 54s is the equivalent to a 58cm, so really for 6'0"/6'1")
    However, having said all of that, if you are particularly long legged or long armed for someone who is 5'11", then the 54s might work!
    PM me with the details of your current ride and I can advise you more accurately :)
    regards, Ian
    Hi, The bike I have, has a top tube of 565mm c-c. The seat tube is 560mm c-c. This 575mm c-top, as it has a slight slope.
    I AM 5` 11" , 32" inside leg.
    Cheers.
  • wahla21
    wahla21 Posts: 96
    I can only comment on the Endurance C.F but I find it to be a great bike with excellent frame and comfortable over longer journeys. I have the 105 setup too and it's flawless.
    The bike comes with a few spacers so you can choose your handlebar setup based on how aggressive you want the bike. Although that's not exclusive to Canyon of course.

I would suggest you call Canyon and speak to them, they were very good to me in helping with any questions and advising on size.

Just a thought.
  • ianSWBB
    bluedog99
    OK - so you would fall into the category of being long legged for someone who is 5'11" !!!
    You would therfeore be a 54s then in the CX Zero - this has a 565mm top tube, the same as your current ride :)
    regards, Ian
  • bluedog99
    bluedog99
    OK - so you would fall into the category of being long legged for someone who is 5'11" !!!
    You would therfeore be a 54s then in the CX Zero - this has a 565mm top tube, the same as your current ride :)
    regards, Ian
    Thanks for the information, much appreciated.
    Cheers.
  • I have booked the Endurace CF 8.0 .. I booked it when it was "In Stock" .
    Have not got a confirmation yet but expect the bike to ship soon .. Will post pics and unboxing video once i get my bike .. Pretty Excited :):D:D:)
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    I have booked the Endurace CF 8.0 .. I booked it when it was "In Stock" .
    Have not got a confirmation yet but expect the bike to ship soon .. Will post pics and unboxing video once i get my bike .. Pretty Excited :):D:D:)

Great choice. My wife has the bottom of the range aluminium model and its still well equipped and lightweight. Full 105 decent wheels and full carbon fork for well under a grand. Better groupset and carbon frame must be a winner.

Comfortable enough to ride double centuries on as well!