This Bianchi bug is infectious

ilm_zero7
ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
edited October 2015 in Your road bikes
only a few weeks since I found an Infinito CV at a 'not to be missed' price., I got the much longed for Oltre.. Always admired the bike since it first arrived, so a chance for the third generation model was almost inevitable - interesting comparisons riding it back to back with the CV

The Spec:
Oltre XR2 (55)
Campagnolo Super Record (mech)
396 BB
Fizik saddle
SLK bars and stem
Campagnolo Shamal Mille rims on CULT hubs

Bxl7hFf.jpg
ykS6v4N.jpgB6ddWMe.jpg
jcbVHHI.jpg?1

(going to change the pedals when funds recover)
http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    So where is the rest of the Brinks Mat bullion?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ilm_zero7
    I wish I knew - this was a bargain (relatively speaking) cost £2800 for the bike before it was re-built
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Thats absolutely stunning! Beautiful machine!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    It does look the mutts nuts! well done!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Beautiful bike! I was also beguiled by another intriguing Italian. My Sempre with Ultegra/105 set, Ksyrium Equipes Fabulous ride!
  • dov2711
    dov2711 Posts: 131
    I am hoping you post up a ride comparison for both bikes. I ride with a couple of guys who have sempre' s and oltre both of whom have said that if they could keep only one bike it would be the Sempre as the Oltre is so harsh.

I hope that isn't so universally as this would be the frame set I have most desired. Good find.
  • ilm_zero7
    I only have a comparison between the Oltre and the Infinito Cv - the latter was a replacement for an aero-frame, which frankly I found too harsh for the UK roads. In this respect the Infinito CV both 'did exactly what it said on the tin' and delivered the smoother ride. Its also noticeable in a group that when surfaces become a choppy, especially when cornering, I have more confidence in getting some power down.

The Oltre is different, its sharper, feels a smaller frame than it truly is, and has handing which is 'crisp' ! But its not a harsh ride, as an aero or TT based frame often gives, so dont be put off on that basis. If I was to choose one over the other... the Infinito CV, simply for all round ability and comfort
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    That Oltre is outrageous, very jealous.