Difference between Fox CTD and non CTD?

RipGroove
RipGroove Posts: 43
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
I need some quick info as possibly going to buy a bike tomorrow.

I need to know the difference between the Fox RP-2 (with DRCV) and Fox shock with CTD?

Same goes for forks, whats the difference between the Fox 32 Float RL and a similar Fox fork with CTD?

Basically I've been on the lookout for a 2013 Trek Fuel with CTD but have got fed up with waiting for the right one to come along and have found a 2012 Trek Fuel which has DCRV but but no CTD. I'll be using the bike for a complete mixture of trails up & down which is originally why I wanted CTD.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I would avoid CTD. They took away all the adjustment and replaced it with a system which wasn't as good.
    Fox Evolution CTD forks are particularly nasty.
  • I would avoid CTD. They took away all the adjustment and replaced it with a system which wasn't as good.
    Fox Evolution CTD forks are particularly nasty.

Ah OK well that makes me feel a bit better then, the bike I'm looking at is a 2012 Trek Fuel EX8, will that be OK for trails up/down/flat?

31802_zpseqbx3wfy.png
  • Rear shock = Fox Performance Series Float RP-2 w/DRCV, ProPedal, rebound; 7.25x2.0", tuned by Trek in California

Fork = Fox 32 Float RL, Trek DRCV air spring, lockout, rebound, E2 tapered steerer, 15QR thru axle, 120mm travel, tuned by Trek in California
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Great all round trail bike. Personally I don't like Trek's rear suspension, I find it a bit wallowy.
    If you get on with it then it will be perfect for xc & trail centre stuff although if you want to ride more extreme trails then something like the Trek Remedy, Giant Reign or Specialized Stumpjumper may be better.
  • Great all round trail bike. Personally I don't like Trek's rear suspension, I find it a bit wallowy.
    If you get on with it then it will be perfect for xc & trail centre stuff although if you want to ride more extreme trails then something like the Trek Remedy, Giant Reign or Specialized Stumpjumper may be better.

Awesome thanks, for what I want it should be ok then.