New bike & correct bike fit..

MattC2C
MattC2C Posts: 17
edited October 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new road bike for events and races, and I am looking at some of the bikes offered by Canyon and Rose.

What is the best way to go about getting the best fit for the new machine? I was wondering whether to get a proper bike fit done on my current bike (Bianchi 928 C2C) and give the data to Canyon/Rose. Is this a good idea or is there a better route?

Kind regards,

Matt

Comments

• You could go to a bike fitter with a bike jig (these are more expensive than the basic fiddle with your own bike ones) but you will get a set of measurements that suit you best, rather than shoe-horning you into your current bike.

You could try giving those numbers to Canyon/ Rose, or you could probably work it out yourself using the frame geometry table, taking into account the dimensions of stem/ handlebars etc.

Good luck!
  • MattC2C
    MattC2C Posts: 17
    You could go to a bike fitter with a bike jig (these are more expensive than the basic fiddle with your own bike ones) but you will get a set of measurements that suit you best, rather than shoe-horning you into your current bike.

You could try giving those numbers to Canyon/ Rose, or you could probably work it out yourself using the frame geometry table, taking into account the dimensions of stem/ handlebars etc.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply and help :)
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new road bike for events and races, and I am looking at some of the bikes offered by Canyon and Rose.

What is the best way to go about getting the best fit for the new machine? I was wondering whether to get a proper bike fit done on my current bike (Bianchi 928 C2C) and give the data to Canyon/Rose. Is this a good idea or is there a better route?

Kind regards,

Matt

Depending on where you are you could try a Rose for size. http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12962802

They also let you buy in Euros rather than some extortionate exchange rate on Canyon. The bikes are of comparable quality but I think Canyon are taking the pi$$ with this policy.
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    You could go to a bike fitter with a bike jig (these are more expensive than the basic fiddle with your own bike ones) but you will get a set of measurements that suit you best, rather than shoe-horning you into your current bike.

Good luck!

A decent fitter using your own bike will give you a chart with your required measurements. A jig system requires you to transfer those measurements to your new bike just the same as a fitting on your current bike.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.