Pinarello

Martylou
Martylou Posts: 34
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi all anyone own a Pinarello rokh any thoughts on the bike good and bad

Thanks

Comments

• Not a lot of bike for quite a lot of money is my honest opinion. Your paying for the name. Have a look at a similar priced Canyon or Rose and you will be getting a higher spec groupset, better wheels and higher quality finishing kit for the same price.
  • Hi thanks .. This rokh has full ultegra don't know about wheels . Or to much about quality of carbon,
    But would have thought ok, not sure looks nice .. £1500 !
  • You don't want it enough to get one... don't bother
    left the forum March 2023
  • You don't want it enough to get one... don't bother
    Not a case of not wanting one, not a popular bike one took my eye on a sportive, looked vey nice , thought I would see people's thoughts on them, who's owned one etc.. I do sportive rides after a bike.
  • If you can't afford the 911, don't buy a boxster!

A friend of mine bought and sold one within 6 months. I'd strongly recommend giving it an extended test ride / trying other bikes, before parting with cash.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    I think I'd learn how to spell it properly before I bought one if it was me!
  • I think I'd learn how to spell it properly before I bought one if it was me!

... that was my point too... it's Penirallo! :lol:
    left the forum March 2023
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    I think I'd learn how to spell it properly before I bought one if it was me!

... that was my point too... it's Penirallo! :lol:

No no no it's definitely Panerillo... :D
  • Ha Ha oh yes that is poor!! joking aside, getting the feeling this particular model Pinarello!!! is not whats its
    cracked up to be , another option i was looking at was Wilier Zero 9, it was slightly more money.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Ive said this before

Don't die never having owned a Pinarello

I brought a low end one (pinarello surprise)many years ago, I was told i was paying for the name, low spec for money........many years later its still the best bike I ever owned - I kept it for 8 years and on sale got 60% of what I paid.

unequivocally.........buy it.......and smile...
  • need to take one out for a spin ...dont seem to hear many good words about the rokh, need to find out
    it seems all good spec components.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Where's Grill? I love his opinions on Pinarellos :D
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

Don't you mean Pinerallos?
  • Where's Grill? I love his opinions on Pinarellos :D

ha ha imposter that jokes been done .. you always get one knob !!
  • The Rokh.

I've had one for around 3 years. I say one, my first one cracked and I warrantied it - it cracked at the junction of the rear dropout and seat stay. My new one has done exactly the same - only this time, my LBS says it's just the paint and to get over it.

Having said that - I really like riding this bike. It's comfortable, and has a real 'quality bike' feel - a bike that's been properly and carefully designed - not just a frame with wheels on. They're not all that light - but regardless, this thing climbs beautifully. It feels like it's not even there, but that might be just because I'm used to it. Speaking of weight, depending on parts - expect around the 8.5kg mark (mine is Campy Veloce). I can get it under 8kg with Shamal wheels, carbon seat post, SLS saddle. As most have pointed out - hardly worth it. My best climbs have been with stock wheels, spares kit and 2 full bottles! People do get carried away with the weight stuff - I'm guilty.

Handles well, and it goes on some pretty average roads here in and around Canberra. It has been my only road bike which actually voids this entire review. I can only compare against those riding with me.

FYI I'm 176cm, 63kg, and I bought a 53cm with 120mm stem. I use it for big rides, commuting, duathlons (with clip on aero bars), club and crit racing. I never feel like it's letting me down (okay, maybe on Duathlons against TT bikes) and I always have full faith in it. I don't feel like I paid excessively for the name - as was mentioned in a post above it's probably worth it.

If I make it to A grade road racing I'd consider getting something more race-orientated but I'd test ride plenty first.

Hope that's of some help.
    Wazza
    8)
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

ha ha imposter that jokes been done .. you always get one knob !!

What - you mean one knob who can't spell Pinarulloo..?? ;)
  • Thanks wazza .. it is properly the weight issue putting me off at present, would like to improve on climbing debatable if weight makes to much difference, I'm having a test tide on a rokh at weekend, cracking looking bike

Imposter do I have to repeat my self,," that joke has gone " now your looking a bigger tool !!
  • Probably obsolete response by now but here goes.....
    Bought a 2014 Rokh at the Bike Show this year. I own a Bianchi Sempre with 105 and love it. Roth came with mixed Dura Ace/Ultegra group and standard MOST kit. I upgraded wheels to fulcrum Racing 3s. My view is that it is a very impressive, comfortable and smooth riding bike. I confess to being beguiled by the aesthetics and would not have paid the full price, but this one was very heavily discounted. It is not the lightest bike I have ridden - no lighter than the Bianchi, but certainly the smoothest and most comfortable.
    BTW I like the Porsche analogies although having traded a 911 for a new Cayman can only say that you should buy what you love!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610

I think he should totally get one, and then cut the top of the rear seat stay and duct tape a rubber bung to it so it has suspension. That would be so pro.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Grill wrote:

I think he should totally get one, and then cut the top of the rear seat stay and duct tape a rubber bung to it so it has suspension. That would be so pro.

Yawn yawn. Who is this Grill ?? Some-kind of pro never heard of him ... or a wanna be
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Martylou wrote:
    Grill wrote:

Yawn yawn. Who is this Grill ?? Some-kind of pro never heard of him ... or a wanna be

If I had a Pinarello you'd have heard of me by now. :cry:
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg