They joy of riding with kids! (Youtube content)

bartimaeus
bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
edited September 2015 in Family & kids cycling forum
...and not just your own kids...

I often take my son Alec, and his friend Toby, on rides. Alec's a keen mountain biker, and Toby's obviously got the bug as he's just acquired a decent bike, and I think he only really gets to ride it when he comes out with us.

This weekend the decided they want to produce their own videos, and as luck would have it I had packed my iPad when we went out on Saturday... so here's our first video, and I think this turned out pretty well. It was a splendid day for a ride, with some exploring as well as some typical boys mucking about in the woods... hopefully we captured a bit of that!

https://youtu.be/7g33ow-zwk8
Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I am impressed that you got them cleaning the bikes afterwards too!

They are lucky kids - have some nice bikes and a great dad (or friends dad) to take them out doing this, they obviously enjoy it lots.

Good vid.

I have the pleasure of taking a group of scouts out cycling once a year, many of whom probably never use a bike but all of them love it and get sent home enthusiatic about cycling - some of them even keep it up afterwards... Really rewarding and its funny because just when its tipping down with rain and you are labouring through a stinking bog wanting to abort the ride, they come past absolutely loving it!!!
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    I also help run an MTB club at Alec's school. We run one after school coaching session a week, and then once a month I organise an expedition of 10 miles or so. I just wish I had the time to film some of the expedition rides as they are great fun - I may have to get a GoPro as video from our coaching sessions has been very useful... as well as popular with the kids (especially video of the jump on our school trail).

We are going to do some basic bike care as a club lesson, so the video was sort of a trial run/demo. I've seen a few rusting drivetrains and forks that don't move!
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building