Is the Calibre Bossnut a first full sus' bike?

orlando_doggett
orlando_doggett Posts: 13
edited October 2015 in MTB beginners
At the moment i have a 2012 Specialized Rockhopper and i want to upgrade to a full suspension bike. I will be riding mostly Xc trails and have a budget of £1000-1500. The Bossnut has good reviews and i was wondering if i could get some advice on it, thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Excellent value and just got 5 stars on one of the magazine tests.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The magazine review is partly what caught my attention. However i am slightly put of by the rear shock as it has no lockout. would it be a good idea to replace the shock or do you think it wouldn't make to much of a difference?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Good suspension and a decent shock with a pedal platform make a lockout redundant, it was good to have in the days of non linkage driven swing arms and shocks with no pedal platform, now it's just a needless marketing gimmick.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • John Wh
    John Wh Posts: 239
    Every review and test seems to indicate that it is a game-changer in the £1000 market. If I was looking for a bike not around that price, I wouldn't hesitate.
  • Lowebee
    Lowebee Posts: 15
    I actually just bought the bossnut this week and took it out for the first time to Bedgebury in Kent and I love it! Ive actually wrote a mini review (not a well written review tbf) but lm loving it!