EBay Global Shipping - Seller experiences ?

chris217
chris217 Posts: 217
edited September 2015 in Road general
Guys, looking to sell some wheels and buyer is in Portugal
Seems OK and read Global Shipping notes but anyone had any experiences Good or BAD ??
Cheers

Comments

• Guys, looking to sell some wheels and buyer is in Portugal
    Seems OK and read Global Shipping notes but anyone had any experiences Good or BAD ??
    Cheers

Used once as a seller and everything was fine. Same as selling to someone in the UK.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • I sold something to someone in Europe, and it went without a hitch. Just posted it to a UK distribution centre somewhere (so it only cost me UK postage), and that was that.
  • Thanks all, appreciated
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    6 weeks from Taiwan. Not worth it.
    Taught me to pay attention.
    Europe will probably be better.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Just be clear to the buyer beforehand about what you are willing to do if they demand to return the item. Shipping charges both ways gets expensive.
  • My experience as a buyer put me off using it as a seller.

Item left the seller in great condition and well-packaged. Then sent to Pitney-Bowe's "consolidation centre" where it was repacked with much less cushion against mishandling... Took 19 days from arriving at PB in Pennsylvania to get to me in Scotland and 3 of 4 iems in the shipment were damaged damaged beyond any use.
  • It is usually a pretty good service, but as with anything, it can go wrong. I found it great when selling in the UK, and also selling items throughout Europe. Good service from the helpline too.