Online Spanish websites that sell bikes

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,878
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Evening all,

bit of a random question, but just wondered if anyone on here knew of, or could recommend an online site in Spain that sold decent bikes.

The reason I ask, is that I just spent a wonderful 3 weeks with my parents, and did some fabulous (both roads and weather) cycling.
On this occasion we took the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander, and took the bikes in the car.

This however is expensive, versus easyjet flights for 3, so am considering buying 2 bikes to store there, possibly leave some shoes and a helmet there even, and then just fly over with hand luggage.

Two options - one is to buy bikes here, and drive over again.
Other option is to buy in Spain, and have them deliver to my parents directly.

The only obvious culprit is Decathlon, not yet looked at Bikeinn.

Anyone have any recommendations - not sure if we have any native Spaniards on here?
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Was in Barcelona last week and bought from Probike, a friend was after a jersey they didn't have in his size so we asked if they'd post to UK but the answer was not outside of Spain so might be worth looking at their site.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • daniel_b
    Cheers redvee.

Other thoughts I had is that I think wiggle and crc ship internationally, and rose bikes might be worth a look too.

I also have ample saddles, seatposts, stems and handlebars, oh and one set of new r500 wheels.
    So one other option would be to self build with the above and maybe 10spd tiagra groupsets.
    Any suggestions for cheap frames?
    Ideally I would like carbon forks.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • nicklong
    nicklong Posts: 231
    edited September 2015
    Try the following...

bikester.es
    deporvillage.es
    bike-discount.de
    biker-boarder.de
    bike24.de

Obviously the latter aren't specifically Spanish, but they are all reputable EU sellers. Although as posted above, Wiggle often beats them all for postage, price and returns.

(I'm based in France and use all of the above plus a couple of French sites)
  • daniel_b
    Awesome stuff, thanks Nick.

I will give those a look tomorrow evening, when I am not on a shonky ferry wifi system.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Order from Canyon bikes paying in euros for delivery in Spain.
  • I live in Portugal and tend to use the likes of wiggle, CRC, Rose and the other Germans mentioned as do most other people I know here. I've also used bikeinn. TBH aside from a slightly longer delivery time compared to the UK all the big internet companies are fine. Having said that I haven't had reason to send anything back which with a bike if damaged could be a PITA. You could always buy bikes in UK and fly them down if you prefer- Easyjet charge £35 per bike. You could also try a LBS in Spain.
  • When i was living in mallorca i bought three bikes from crc and postage was free. Far cheaper in the uk too. Id buy a canyon and have it shipped there.