Crosslight Pro6/ 5t vs Caadx

iron-clover
iron-clover Posts: 737
edited September 2015 in Cyclocross
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a cross bike soon, and would be using it for commuting (including sections of muddy bridleway), foul weather winter road riding and of course racing 'cross.

That means I'd need a frame that can take guards and rack, but also preferably be able to take them on and off in 15 mins or so- I guess that's realistic for the modern cross bikes where you don't have to bolt mudguards under brake callipers!

The two I'm leaning towards are the Kinesis Pro6/ 5T disk and the CaadX. There doesn't seem to be much between them, except the Crosslights have British BBs which will be easier to service than the CaadX press fit, and the Crosslights seem to have slightly more standard mounting eyelets for the front guards on the fork.

Does anyone have any recommendations between the two?

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I use my Pro6 for off-road riding (converted a pair of V3 CXDisc wheels to tubleless, running knobblies). Also have a pair of CXDisc wheels with Vittoria Randonneur Pros in 35mm, for riding on road. Even with a 46/36t chain set it runs well for both duties.

A mate has a CAADX and likes it a lot. Buy which you prefer the look of, both cracking bikes. Here's mine:

image.jpg1_zpsqtgpnixq.jpg

...and both side by side at the Avebury stones (apologies for the cameraman shadow :oops: ):

image.jpg1_zps24pqbocv.jpg
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...