Reporting Minicab to TFL

Minglok74
Minglok74 Posts: 36
edited September 2015 in Commuting general
Hi All

What is the best way of reporting bad minicab driving to TFL?

A Mercedes minicab turned left towards me and I managed to brake enough to avoid slamming into the side of his card. Understandably I gave him a mouthful but as he drove off he ran over my front wheel and bent it.

I have his reg number and video evidence.

Cheers

Alex

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Report it to the police
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    keef66 wrote:
    Report it to the police
    +1

There's a 24 hour deadline for reporting collisions, so you may need to get a move on. The form is long and even if there isn't much to say it takes 1/2 an hour to fill the bugger in. Form 206 looks appropriate.
  • Thanks all

I've reported it on a Roadside London form. Spoke to a policeman on my way home and he advised me to fill out a self reporting form at the station and because the driver failed to stop and exchange details he could be in trouble.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Thanks all

I've reported it on a Roadside London form. Spoke to a policeman on my way home and he advised me to fill out a self reporting form at the station and because the driver failed to stop and exchange details he could be in trouble.
    Could be...but usually for situations like this the police will drop it once details are exchanged.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.