cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
No sign of the Pave on Vittorias website are they discontinuing it? Surely not
eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
Cervelo P5 EPS
www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799

Comments

• I wouldn't be surprised... They are hardly a best seller. They are very expensive, last very little and puncture just as easily as any other tyre... all they offer is marginally better grip in the wet.
    They are not even used anymore for the spring classics... with most teams ditching their sponsor brand for Dugast and FMB
    left the forum March 2023
  • I love them, however you make a great point ref wear
    eating parmos since 1981

Cervelo P5 EPS
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I love them, however you make a great point ref wear

I'm on the same pair after nearly 4000 miles!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Mmmm - I've run a pair this year in all weather. Rear lasted 3000 miles, the front is still going strong at 3800. No punctures. £30 a tyre.

Love them.

The absence could do to do Vittoria going all in on Graphene for 2016.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Spoke to vittoria yesterday. they said they were dropping the Pave as the new corsa has the same casing but with the improvements (and price hike) they have made to the rubber compound they provide more grip and have lower rolling resistance.

I am waiting for a set of the new corsa speed to see if any of this is true but I did see a 28mm corsa of a bike at the show yesterday so wide is available or will be at some point.

I am hoarding Pave's now.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Good catch - I love Paves too and have never yet had one puncture. That said, I'm sure that they are slower than some tyres.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • I have punctured several Pave's but I have punctured every road tyre I have ever used.
  • TBH Vittoria have way too many tyres and most are just replicas... Diamante are pointless and so are Zaffiro, given you can get a Rubino wired for a tenner and the way too many Corsa are all the same... I think they should reduce their rooster to what is actually useful... would be nice to have a proper winter tyre and of course a wider choice of tubeless
  • They are slimming there range down a bit but schedule are king of too many tyres. Took a look at the Ryde website today and I had not realised how many rims they make. Now there is a company that is in need of slimming down it product range.
  • Cheers Malcolm. Let the Hoarding begin. Did wonder about the corsa as it comes in 23,25,28mm and the corsa speed in 23 and 25mm.

Could be time for a go on FMB Paris Roubaix
    eating parmos since 1981

Cervelo P5 EPS
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I love them as well and have had them all year round on my bike for the last two years and in that time only one visit from you know who. I'm with ugo though Vittoria need to trim down their range, it's confusing.

I'm interested to see how the new graphene compare, my guess would be the same level of grip and puncture resistance but with a lower weight and higher cost.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

• Could be time for a go on FMB Paris Roubaix

Don't bother... a friend bought 3 of these at 70 quid each. The first blew up after 10 miles (90 PSI). The second blew up a few days later. The third got a non fixable puncture... happy days... 200 quid of tubs in the bin in the space of a few hundred miles.

They are very light, very supple race tubs, for those who have an admiral car behind, if you don't, then get something more robust
  • oh the cost is going to be going up alot. the tubs for example are going to have an RRP of £80! which is what 30% more than they are currently so this graphene better had be good.

Pricing is not conformed though it may not be as bad I picked up.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    oh the cost is going to be going up alot. the tubs for example are going to have an RRP of £80! which is what 30% more than they are currently so this graphene better had be good.

Pricing is not conformed though it may not be as bad I picked up.

Jeez!

I've just stocked up on Paves.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.