what bike do i get???

Dannyboy95
Dannyboy95 Posts: 245
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Evening ladies and Gents

My cycle to work came through today so I have £1000 at my disposal I am torn between a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 sora and a cannondale CAAD8 105 I need to make sure i have enough cash left over for shoes and pedals. MIND IS BLOWN can someone give me some sound advice please? Many Thanks :? :?
cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
Current Bike-TREK 4500
Previous Bikes
:Giant Roam 3
:Bianchi Nirone 7

Comments

• sound advice?

post in road buying.

your welcome
  • Evening ladies and Gents

My cycle to work came through today so I have £1000 at my disposal I am torn between a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 sora and a cannondale CAAD8 105 I need to make sure i have enough cash left over for shoes and pedals. MIND IS BLOWN can someone give me some sound advice please? Many Thanks :? :?

I had a via nirone

Although its classed as a more upright position, I found it to be aggressive. The bike itself though was a looker, very nice bike to look at. You are buying the brand also, as Sora is not very good IMO. You get far more bang for your buck elsewhere. For instance at Planet X, you could get a carbon bike with Sram Rival 22 11 speed gruppo for 900 quid.
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Agree with above - you can get a far better bike than either of those 2 for the money....

Eg: http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-road-team-carbon-bike
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    Of the two - I'd get the CAAD8 with 105.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Where can you buy from ?
  • Evening ladies and Gents

As on cycle to work scheme, presumably you are buying mainly for commuting? If so it depends on distance, terrain, whether you need mudguards, need to carry change of clothes etc., and can you lock it up somewhere safe. So a fast road bike may not necessarily be your best choice.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    I have a 5 year old Via Nirone Veloce and to be honest, if you look at what you get, I don't think Bianchi are great value. There are better bikes for less money, my local bike shop says he can't shift Bianchi and Pinarello because the Focus and other brands he stocks are better value. That doesn't stop me wanting to have an Oltre XR2 with Super Record EPS though. Get the Cannondale or look elsewhere, I'm a fan of Decathlon and have a Triban 5 with mudguards and an Ultra 940.
  • I have a 5 year old Via Nirone Veloce and to be honest, if you look at what you get, I don't think Bianchi are great value. There are better bikes for less money, my local bike shop says he can't shift Bianchi and Pinarello because the Focus and other brands he stocks are better value. That doesn't stop me wanting to have an Oltre XR2 with Super Record EPS though. Get the Cannondale or look elsewhere, I'm a fan of Decathlon and have a Triban 5 with mudguards and an Ultra 940.

This!

That was my regret with buying a Bianchi
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0