BMC colours conundrum.

stoveman
stoveman Posts: 125
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Been trying to get a 2015 SLRO2 in the sales as my first 'high end ' bike.Only came in the black and red which was great as I loved the colour but couldn't find the right size anywhere.

Wifey agreed to up the spend to the new 2016 model which originally was only in blue,now got used to the blue and going to do the deal in the next few months only to find Evans are now doing the model in the original black aswell.
Struggling now to decide which colour to get.

What are the pros and cons between matt and gloss paint finishes on carbon if any folks.

Phil.

Comments

• If I think of BMC I think of black and red, given the pro teams colours, so thats what I'd go for (but that's just me!).
    Looking at the stock check on Evans website, you'll have to wait until early November for that colour, it looks like it's only the blue that is available now (unless you want a 60cm, which is also 7th November).
  • If I think of BMC I think of black and red, given the pro teams colours, so thats what I'd go for (but that's just me!).
    Looking at the stock check on Evans website, you'll have to wait until early November for that colour, it looks like it's only the blue that is available now (unless you want a 60cm, which is also 7th November).

That was partly what I was thinking about the team colours but the blue is distinctive.
    Happy to wait till november as I ve been saving for it for the last few months!
    Guess I will have settled on a colour by the time they are available. :?
  • The Red one is faster....

The above is completely rubbish, but it does look better