REYNOLDS 853 PRO TEAM V DEDA ZERO TUBING

jamie4759
jamie4759 Posts: 117
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all. I have decided on my next steel bike and the choice of tubing has been narrowed down to these two. Both look suitably oversized and I like the Deda tubing because of the shape (pathetic, I know!), but, the Reynolds 853 has a good reputation in the steel world. Has anyone out there used both? Any views, good and bad on both? I am 6-3 so I wanted the more oversized tubing. All feedback very welcome.

Comments

• Hi all. I have decided on my next steel bike and the choice of tubing has been narrowed down to these two. Both look suitably oversized and I like the Deda tubing because of the shape (pathetic, I know!), but, the Reynolds 853 has a good reputation in the steel world. Has anyone out there used both? Any views, good and bad on both? I am 6-3 so I wanted the more oversized tubing. All feedback very welcome.

Unless you're building it yourself then I'd be inclined to let the builder suggest what's best. If you're going custom then pick a builder or a shop you can work with and let them guide you.

If you are building it yourself then good luck and I can't help you.
  • Unless you're building it yourself then I'd be inclined to let the builder suggest what's best. If you're going custom then pick a builder or a shop you can work with and let them guide you.

If you are building it yourself then good luck and I can't help you.

+1. There is much more to building a frame than just choosing between two steels. Each has it's own variations for butting, etc. and are often combined with other steels for different parts of the frame. Let the builder decide as they can give you the type of ride you're looking for.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    If your builder doesn't know and/or hasn't made a recommendation, find a new builder.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg