Which Bike is Best Compromise?

titani
titani Posts: 2
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
I am shopping for a new road bike to replace my old CAAD8. I tested multiple bikes and I am split between race geometry and endurance geometry. The Tarmac and Supersix felt fast, alive, fun. The Roubaix, Synapse, and Defy are known for comfort, yet riding them was dull. Does that make sense, or just my impression?

Comments

• trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    You've already answered your own question. Why would you buy a bike that felt dull to ride ?

Endurance bikes might be marketed as being more comfortable but If your position is right and your happy with it and you find a good saddle that matches your arse ,and you wear good gloves and bib shorts,use good bar tape etc. Race geometry bikes can be comfortable for long distances too. Alot of the 'endurance,comfort and geometry' stuff is overplayed to sell more bikes. After all both kinds of bikes will always be fully rigid and beat you up somewhat no matter what.

If your rides are regularly shorter than 6 hours (as most peoples probably are). Get the fast,fun bike.

if you plan to ride longer distances (6 hour+ ,100,200 milers etc.) get the d̶u̶l̶l̶ endurance bike.

Welcome to BR btw :)