Reverb returning inconsistently

dusk
dusk Posts: 583
edited September 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a reverb stealth which when I last used my bike was working perfectly, I got my bike out the shed today (it's probably been a couple of months since I last used it) and the Reverb was seemingly stuck solid at full extension. I tried to sit on it to ease it down without wanting to use brute force but it wasn't shifting. I then thought I'd bleed it and see what happened, having done the bleed it then did go down with some encouragement.

My issue now is that it compresses as it should however it returns very slowly for 80% of the travel (regardless of how the return speed is adjusted) then the final 20% returns properly (and in accordance with how I've adjusted the return speed).

The post isn't that old as my original one was replaced under warranty so I wouldn't expect to be worn out, also the air pressure is correctly set at 250psi.

I'm pretty sure it's not an air pressure issue or bleed issue and seeing as it seems to have gone wrong without being used I'm struggling to see how anything could be broken.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I'm not sure whether I should try and strip it myself or send for repair or would Sram warranty a warranty replacement (original warranty has run out but the current one isn't 2 years old yet).

thanks
YT Wicked 160 ltd
Cotic BFe
DMR Trailstar
Canyon Roadlite

Comments