2015 Colnago world Cup - views

mpatts
mpatts Posts: 1,010
edited September 2015 in Cyclocross
Anyone have any views on the above as a race bike? Found a good deal on a canti version (which means I can use my existing race wheels).
Insert bike here:

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    edited September 2015
    How good a good deal is it? Looks to me like the canti version still has all the mounts for running discs fitted, so you may as well spend a few quid extra and upgrade to discs since you'll be taking the weight penalty anyway (getting the worst of both worlds).

I hope my frame doesn't brake anytime soon as its looking increasingly difficult to get good quality CX frames with Canti mounts.
  • mpatts
    How good a good deal is it? Looks to me like the canti version still has all the mounts for running discs fitted, so you may as well spend a few quid extra and upgrade to discs since you'll be taking the weight penalty anyway (getting the worst of both worlds).

Essentially half price.

Beef I have with discs is that it limits the wheel choice (for me anyway).
    Insert bike here:
  • Check clearance on it, I had one of them a couple of years back and it was abysmal for a moderately muddy course. Handling and general feel of the bike was superb though, But its not much good to you when the wheels stop turning half way through a race
  • mpatts
    Check clearance on it, I had one of them a couple of years back and it was abysmal for a moderately muddy course. Handling and general feel of the bike was superb though, But its not much good to you when the wheels stop turning half way through a race

I've decided the best way to check for cleanance is by ordering it and hoping for the best. Bring on the buyer remorse.
    Insert bike here:
  • If its not up to scratch, just order a 2nd one.
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    For me clearance was the no.1 problem last year, got a giant tcx for this year, massive clearances, no seat stay bridge, will find out how much it helps soon enough!