Ribble Stealth

moefoemil
moefoemil Posts: 254
edited October 2015 in Your road bikes
Hi,
Here's my Ribble Stealth, finally finished tinkering and have got it exactly as I was wanting it to look and ride :D
Your thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated (as long as they're nice :wink:
image.jpg4_zpszxnaij7e.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsoxsiuchh.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsxiuwurav.jpg
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day

Comments

• Nice, you've done a great job of this build. I can't begin to express how well Ribble bikes ride, I've got a stealth sportive version, it's mega comfy and very quick.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Very nice. What's the full spec? Is the saddle a strange angle or is it the photo?
    Someone's just passed me again
  • nice.
    your front wheel quick release skewer in on the wrong side btw.
  • moefoemil
    moefoemil Posts: 254
    edited October 2015
    thanks for the comments, the seat is level and must just be the photo, oh, and thanks for the heads up re the skewer! (Put front wheel on in a rush to get out!)
    Here's the specs for anyone who's interested

Frame: 52(m) Ribble stealth
    Forks: Ribble R-FS
    Bars: 3T 2x2 carbon
    Stem: Zipp service course
    Headset: Ribble
    Bar Tape: Pro

Front Brake Lever: SRAM Force
    Front Caliper: PlanetX CNC Ultralight
    Rear Brake Lever: SRAM Force
    Rear Caliper: PlanetX CNC Ultralight

Shifters: SRAM Force
    Cables: Ashima Reaction
    Front Mech: SRAM Red
    Rear Mech: SRAM Force

Seat: Charge Spoon (took me ages to find as not available in lime anymore)
    Seat Post: Chinese carbon
    Seat Post Clamp: KCNC carbon

Cranks: SRAM Force
    Chainring(s): Rotor noQ
    Chain: SRAM pc1090
    Cassette: SRAM pc1070
    Pedals: Speedplay Zero
    Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP

Front Wheel: Chinese 50mm carbon clincher
    Rim:
    Spokes:
    Hub: Novatec
    Tube:
    Tire: Veloflex master 25mm

Back Wheel: Chinese 50mm carbon clincher
    Rim:
    Spokes:
    Hub: Novatec
    Tube:
    Tire: Veloflex master 25mm

Accessories: Garmin edge 200, K edge chain catcher, zipp QR's, fizik rear light adapted to fit on Charge spoon saddle, Elite Cannibal Bottle cage

Weight: 7.5kg

Other info:
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Very nice bike.
    Surely the seat is at an angle because of the stand - I have one just like it and it lifts the back wheel off the ground by a couple of inches.
    Big fan of Ribbles :D
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • leech
    leech Posts: 77
    Nice work.

Can you tell me more about the wheels please. How do they perform? Do you have a link to the website?
  • Cheers Leech, Sending you a PM now :D
  • leech
    leech Posts: 77
    Thanks for that
  • love my Ribble - the wheels on yours look great, some feedback on them would be good as I'm tempeted to get some for a TT bike build, I like the tan tyres too. Here is my Ribble - just changed to a bit of white on the seat and bar tape from Black. The groupset is getting upgraded this week too :)
  • Looks very nice. Just curious as to how you weighed your bike? None of my bikes come in as light as that. Even my Oltre, which has Sram red and probably some of the lightest finishing kit you can buy.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the thumb's up's!!, I like the look of your Ribble to smithster, it's amazing how the same line of bikes can look so different to one another. As for the wheels, they are 50mm carbon clinchers with Novatec hubs and I bought them second hand but have been very impressed with them. They are light yet stiff and responsive. I know they came from China so we're probably bought on DHGate.com or Aliexpress.com etc. If anyone is interested in buying a pair but doesn't want to have to go the China route I've seen a guy on another forum selling ones that look near identical for £300 with a years warranty (give me a shout if you want to know which forum). Hope this helps smithster?
    As for the weight, I weighed myself on digital bathroom scales then weighed myself again but holding my bike (probably not the most accurate method :oops: ) my bike used to weigh bang on 7kg but I changed my Gatorskins for the Veloflex, fitted latex tubes, swapped my Time pedals for Speedplays, my ITM seatpost for the Chinese carbon one, SRAM brake calipers for the PlanetX CNC ones and finally Doval olyptical rings for the Rotors. I think the biggest weight saver was the seatpost, the Chinese one is like a feather (I just hope it's strong!)
    Cheers for the kind words :D
  • Love the effect of the Veloflexs against the stealth black.

I'm nicking that one for my Giant when my Reynolds Attack arrive!
  • My bad :roll: you were right noodleman it seems v light, I got mixed up with my weights, my Ribble used to weigh bang on7.5kg and after all the modifications it now weighs 7kg :oops:
  • lovely bike, always look better in flesh though...