Bar Plugs/Ends

bomster
bomster Posts: 202
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
125b45ee42.jpg

Hi guys, I want to swap my bar ends for something a bit more stylish.

Does anyone know of anywhere when you can buy them, with patterns, or any graphics in general?

Had a look online, but not managed to find anything. Might just have to get some plain black BBB ones.

Cheers

Comments

• How about these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tacx-Lumos-Drop-Bar-Handlebar-End-LED-Light-Set-Bike-Bicycle-Cycle-Lights-/201078837736?hash=item2ed13b91e8

Quite flashy - in fact they can be used as indicators! Downside is they do look quite phallic!
  • Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • bomster
    Those Kapz ones looks cool. Might treat miyself to a stem cap too! Cheers for the links guys.
  • Meant to comment earlier - I have plugs and headset cap from them. A nice alternative to the standard ones.

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
  • £70 for "Traditionally Engraved Handlebar End Plugs"?!?!

Ridiculous.
  • £70 for "Traditionally Engraved Handlebar End Plugs"?!?!

Ridiculous.
    I love the way you look at the most expensive option on the site to say they are ridiculous. Let's face it - most of us spend a ridiculous amount of money on our bikes. If it makes someone happy, why not?

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I'd be buggered if I spend £30 on bar end caps. I like to ride the bike - not look at it. I'd genuinely struggle to tell you what my end caps look like.
  • And your point is?

Some people like stuff like that, others don't. some people like to make their bike a little different, others don't care.
    Giant Defy 2
  • fenix
    My point is that £30 on bar end plugs is a bit OTT. Fine that you have them - but not for me. That's like 10 cakes !
  • So why bother commenting. Someone wants something like that and I post a link to help them.

I suppose I am fortunate. I can afford the caps *and* the cakes :-)

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
  • fenix
    Perhaps you're unfamiliar with a forum and how they work Mr Catty ?

"Spare us some change guvnor ?"
  • Oh I'm familiar. Someone asks for advice, people offer advice, and others post useless comments wondering why on earth they want to do it, mainly for the electronic equivalent of hearing their own voice.
    Giant Defy 2
  • fenix
    My Advice = save £30 and use the standard ones. I'm sorry if that's not what you think- but I think the world is big enough to live with both our opinions.

By all means use your fancy pants bar plugs - it's not harming me. I hope my crappy standard ones won't offend you if you see me out on the bike.
  • They won't offend me in the slightest. The point is the OP asked for something more interesting than standard ones, and we are showing him options. I fail to see any value in your comments.

I'll also add they are a lot easier to fit, particularly if you use thicker bar ape than standard plugs.
    Giant Defy 2
  • fenix
    He also says he might get plain ones too ?

And those flashy ones I linked to earlier are awesome. Seriously. Flashing bar plugs ! Its like we are living in the future !
  • I read the comment about plain black BBB ones being resignation if there was nothing better.

I also find it amusing that you have changed the ones you are complaining about :-)
    Giant Defy 2
  • bomster
    I read the comment about plain black BBB ones being resignation if there was nothing better.

Spot on. Thanks again for the links, haven't made my mind up yet.

Talking of stem caps - you seen these? http://www.ninerbikes.com/yawyd

They look awesome.
  • They are certainly a nice idea. Be a bit of a sod needing a bottle opener to adjust headset though :-)

Mind you, add a bottle opener to the tool kit. It's then convenient to have a bottle or two in the garage/shed...
    Giant Defy 2
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    bar_plug.jpg
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.