le col jacket

canoas
canoas Posts: 307
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Anyone in favour of le col clothing. After a rain jacket for winter, mate suggested "Le Col Event Rain Jacket' well looking at their website, they are asking a whopping £250, that's heading into the Assos price territory in fact has to be 2nd to Assos. Obviously Assos have their research and testing/material dept which makes their kit probably the best and price justified sometimes....but Le Col.....who are these guys? and is there kit up to Assos standards. Or are the another small brand claiming great materials brought cheaply offshore with a bit of styling and ripping the consumer off. If I'm paying £250 for a rain jacket it better be good. Though the owner looks extremely dedicated reading an article.

Any feedback would be great. :D

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,148
    event fabric, castelli used this first i think, i've got the original, in heavy rain it's excellent, the le col looks very similar

castelli's new version, the tempesta, looks even better as it adds some pockets, has some stretchier version of event in parts, and beter wrist closures

also costs more than the le col, but of the two, if i were buying i'd get the castelli
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Unsure of the actual jacket but have dealt with Yanto/Le Col for organising club kit and they are very good to deal with and other garments we purchased have been top quality.
  • canoas
    event fabric, castelli used this first i think, i've got the original, in heavy rain it's excellent, the le col looks very similar

castelli's new version, the tempesta, looks even better as it adds some pockets, has some stretchier version of event in parts, and beter wrist closures

also costs more than the le col, but of the two, if i were buying i'd get the castelli

Yeah Castelli is always a safe bet, top of the range stuff anyway....good to hear event fabric is water proof commuting in London a rain jacket I find is more important than a winter jacket
  • canoas
    Unsure of the actual jacket but have dealt with Yanto/Le Col for organising club kit and they are very good to deal with and other garments we purchased have been top quality.

good to know