Buy cycling jersey from aliexpress?

mikewill
mikewill Posts: 3
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,i found this list of aliexpress trust cycling sellers [removed link] and the prices are good.What do you think,is woth to buy from aliexpress?have someboy bought?

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Looks like a link to a series of dodgy sites.

Don't go there.
  • What?There are aliexpress sellers,i ask for people who are experienced with aliexpress buying
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    It's just like Amazon but not really,
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    aliexpress is the retail consumer part of alibaba, which is one of the biggest companies in the world, i think it's bigger than amazon and ebay combined

amazon, ebay, aliexpress, etc. will all have some dodgy traders using them, but if you're paying by credit card there's little risk even if you come across one of the tiny proportion of bad 'uns
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    As a matter of personal choice, I wouldn't buy that stuff but wouldn't presume to judge anybody that did. My advice would be to stay away from Aliexpress as it is all available on ebay where you would at least have some security by dealing within the ebay / Paypal universe.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Aliexpress hold the funds until you confirm that the item has been received. If you aren't happy with the item you can request a partial refund if you state a legitimate reason (returning isn't really and option!!).

I've bought bib shorts and tops from various sellers a couple of times and the quality has been decent enough. However don't expect to receive the 'branded' items exactly as pictured in the sellers ad.
  • Usually safe and usually ok quality sizes are another matter though
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    No, no,no 1000 times no - they are fakes and rip offs - all you do by buying them is put cash in the hands of those who undermine established brands
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • aliexpress is the retail consumer part of alibaba

Do you really think that the OP is unaware of this? It's a spam post.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Bargepole stuff.

On my android tablet I clicked on one link at random. The resulting pages did not look too inviting.
  • Hey Dude,

Like a lot of people I also was told to stay away from these poor quality copies but thought Why not, give them a go!!!
    I have been more than pleasantly surprised. They do take ~3-4 weeks to arrive, check the size guide before ordering and wait!!!
    Honestly, you will not be disappointed (you are only spending a tenner after all!!).
    Give it a go son, you've got nowt to loose. :D
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I have bought several times from Aliexpress and cannot fault the website/sellers. As stated above, its like a chinese eBay with thousands/millions of sellers advertising their wares. Its dirt cheap and for the price, the quality of the products is excellent. I have bought jerseys, bib-shorts/tights and fleeced winter gear and its been perfect. Sizing is spot on if you go by the sellers size charts. The jerseys are the same quality as genuine stuff sold by castelli/santini etc etc I have a few pairs of bib shorts and they have been wore on a regular basis for the last 12-18 months and are still intact and in perfect condition. The gel pad is very comfortable and the cut of the shorts is perfect. I couldnt justify the price of genuine gear when I know I can get jersyes and shorts at a quarter of the price (delivered to my door!)
  • I have bought several times from Aliexpress and cannot fault the website/sellers. As stated above, its like a chinese eBay with thousands/millions of sellers advertising their wares. Its dirt cheap and for the price, the quality of the products is excellent. I have bought jerseys, bib-shorts/tights and fleeced winter gear and its been perfect. Sizing is spot on if you go by the sellers size charts. The jerseys are the same quality as genuine stuff sold by castelli/santini etc etc I have a few pairs of bib shorts and they have been wore on a regular basis for the last 12-18 months and are still intact and in perfect condition. The gel pad is very comfortable and the cut of the shorts is perfect. I couldnt justify the price of genuine gear when I know I can get jersyes and shorts at a quarter of the price (delivered to my door!)

The Chinese fakes I have had the misfortune to buy are not a patch on genuine Castelli items. Once bitten twice shy. As someone said cheap as chips and worth a punt but in the long not worth it all.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I have bought several times from Aliexpress and cannot fault the website/sellers. As stated above, its like a chinese eBay with thousands/millions of sellers advertising their wares. Its dirt cheap and for the price, the quality of the products is excellent. I have bought jerseys, bib-shorts/tights and fleeced winter gear and its been perfect. Sizing is spot on if you go by the sellers size charts. The jerseys are the same quality as genuine stuff sold by castelli/santini etc etc I have a few pairs of bib shorts and they have been wore on a regular basis for the last 12-18 months and are still intact and in perfect condition. The gel pad is very comfortable and the cut of the shorts is perfect. I couldnt justify the price of genuine gear when I know I can get jersyes and shorts at a quarter of the price (delivered to my door!)

The Chinese fakes I have had the misfortune to buy are not a patch on genuine Castelli items. Once bitten twice shy. As someone said cheap as chips and worth a punt but in the long not worth it all.

Good advice, buying poor quality copies is pointless.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I bought a Mondrian style jersey off Ali Express mainly cause the other places I looked at only did the jersey with a 1/4 zip and not the full length zip I got from Ali Express. Delivery was a month as the jersey was made to order. I'm happy with the quality of the jersey, it's not Castelli quality neither was the price.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • For what's it's worth, I have gotten quite a few items from Aliexpress and these are my thoughts.

1. You'll get what you pay for, DON'T expect the same quality of the said brand.
    2. Sizing can be a bit iffy.
    3. Stick to only dealers who accept paypay and credit card, no money orders ever.

If you are riding in the muck or mostly MTB riding, the jerseys are great as they are cheap enough that even if you get scuffs, it's no big deal.

If however, you are interested in well fitting aero jerseys, it might be a bit of a stretch to expect something similar for those prices...

I won't get bib shorts as I can get decent stuff from Planetx or the like and if I'm shopping for decent race jerseys I'll avoid aliexpress.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Im tempted by some of there "jazzy" designs. Do you reckon the qaulity is really poor. Im 100% happy with the quality of £5.99 lidl/aldi jesereys that have lasted me for a few yrs now so if they are that quality I would be happy.

Racmmer-2016-Breathable-Cycling-Jersey-Summer-Mtb-Bicycle-Short-Clothing-Ropa-Maillot-Ciclismo-Sportwear-Bike-Clothes.jpg_640x640.jpg

Racmmer-2016-Breathable-Cycling-Jersey-Summer-Mtb-Cycling-Clothing-Bicycle-Short-Maillot-Ciclismo-Sportwear-Bike-Clothes.jpg_640x640.jpg

Also they aren't claiming to be proper big name brands but i think they maybe stealing the colour schemes from the likes of twinsix, morvelo maybe....
  • I've got some Castelli , the gabba is fantastic, some DHB / Btwin 700, and some aliexpress , to be truthful I wouldn't buy shorts from there again, at my age you need to protect all you have, but the tops are OK, Castelli sizing Aldi quality, but useable
  • There is tons of cycling clothing from China cheap as chips on ebay. Have bought lots and can't complain with the quality. Still wearing some kit over 5 years old. At least you can claim back through ebay if the stuff doesn't arrive or is faulty.
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    For abit more money check out the stuff by Spexcel. They are higher quality jerseys and bibs which have a nicer cut, construction and fabrics with decent grippers on the arms and legs. They have some Rapha 'inspired' stuff too (blatent copies).

Ive got some spexcel bib shorts (and a jersey on order) and they are exactly the same design as the picture. Havent tried them on the road yet so cant comment on the pad. But they are much better made stiching wise and and definitely an improvement over the other Ali bibs ive also tried. Which were abit mediocre and began fall part after 6 months. The other cheap jerseys i tried were pretty basic and had no gripper on the arms or bottom of the jersey, just abit of elastic. The printed graphics were not very well done and looked cheap close up.

Spexcel store is here
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2219030

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-SP ... 14ad308fec

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-SP ... 14ad308fec