13 incline gamma opinions

crazymac680
crazymac680 Posts: 66
edited September 2015 in MTB buying advice
What's your thoughts on this bike?
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/13-incline-gamma-27-5-mountain-bike-2015
I can't find any reviews.
The specs look really good but it's 13kg which seems a bit heavy at this price. Carrara kraken is 13.5kg for only £500.
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/boardman-mountain-bike-team-ht-650b this is £700 and only 12.2kg.
Do you think the weight of the incline gamma is correct. Is there a better spec bike at the price?
Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The incline gamma is new, reviews for the Alpha and Delta are good with some caveats over the silly seatpost badge and the arcane bar and stem.

Be careful with weight, for example the Boardman weight is without pedals, so you need to add about 300g, then you don't know what size they are weighing (as clearly the weight changes) either, one may be a small (optimum) one a medium (more reasonable).

The incline is much harder hitting, longer travel fork with bigger diameter stanchions and through axle all add weight, but for a reason, the other two are shorter travel and less 'burly' so save some weight.

Buy the bike that suites YOUR usage!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • that's great thanks. I didn't notice the pedals were included. I had noticed that the forks were 400g heavier on the 13. With 30mm more travel. I ride a voodoo hoodoo and I think it's a great bike.
    I think I'd like to have a similar style to the hoodoo which seems to match the 13 .
    T
    If love to test ride but living in the western Isles it's online shopping only for me.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You wont get a test ride on a 13 anyway, Halfords don't do them, so you need to assess your riding, what does the Hoodoo do that you like, what does it do that you don't like (or needs improving), decide on the type of bike you want first.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I like my riding positron and the handlingon the hoodoo. I hated the slow steering on my mates kadabra and the twitchy steering on another mates ridged fork.
    I think the 13 could be similar. I'll have to have a closer look
    Thanks