Design and win your dream bike

BluLocks
BluLocks Posts: 2
edited September 2015 in Commuting chat
Hi guys,

Since previous year I have been designing and developing a special fixed gear/ single speed bicycle (with a flip-flop hub), together with a friend and colleague. My bike has been stolen quite a lot of times, so being engineers we decided to think of a solution. It resulted in a neat lock integrated into the frame and we plan to launch our idea on Indiegogo this October. The lock has two main functions. The first is that it blocks the crank and the second is that you lock the pin of a plug-in chain. With the chain you can secure it to any object you want. Even if a thief cuts the chain, the bike remains useless. During the campaign people can order this special bike.

We're interested to know what kind of design you like, so we built a tool on our website which you can use to design your own fixie/single speed bike. There are over two million possible combinations and I thought you might like to try it out yourself. At the end you will be able to win your design and of course it will include our special locking mechanism.

You can try it out here:
https://blulocks.com/index.php?page=build_your_bike

So here is a close up of the bike:
77v08iK.jpg

And a picture of the whole prototype in the old city centre of Delft, the Netherlands:
tzDRwMi.jpg

Comments