Upgrade from Specialized Turbo Pro tyre?

rumbataz
rumbataz Posts: 796
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm about to do a deal on a Specialized bike and I've got the opportunity to have the tyres upgraded at no cost. The bike comes with Specialized Turbo Pro tyres as standard. What would be a better road tyre from the Specialized range (it has to be another Specialized tyre as the purchase is from a Specialized store)?

Comments

• Your only real options would be:
    S Works Turbo Cottons
    or S Works Turbos

The cottons are like an open corsa tyre, very good tyres but with high wear rates and best suited for summer riding, so the normal S Works turbos would be the sensible choice.
  • Your only real options would be:
    S Works Turbo Cottons
    or S Works Turbos

The cottons are like an open corsa tyre, very good tyres but with high wear rates and best suited for summer riding, so the normal S Works turbos would be the sensible choice.

Okay, thanks a lot. I did a bit of research and the Turbo Pro tyres seem to be rated quite highly. So, what I did was ask the shop not to upgrade the tyres but to throw in a few other things instead. I got front and back lights and a bottle cage instead (for free).

I'll see how the tyres work out after a few rides and then will consider the S Works ones.
  • Ive got the S-Works Turbo,s on my Venge and they are every bit as good as the Conti GP4000SII tyres I had on previously , maybe a bit better in the dry and a bit better ride comfort overall ,but they wont last as long , they are starting to square off after 1200 miles but the wear indicators seem to show plenty of mileage left in them yet , no flats either but that could be down to luck.