What are my tyre options?

top_bhoy
top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
The last of my Michelin Pro race 3 tyres are nearing the end of their useful life. In general these have did me very well over the years hence I bought a few spares when they were being discontinued and going cheap. I've no more replacements left in the tyre vault so my question is, what do I replace the Pro Race 3 with?

I observe that the Pro 4 tyres come in various variants of which I'm not sure what would be best. There are also others such as the Conti GP4000S II. I'll be unlikely to use them for racing and far more likely to be used for 2 hour x 3 rides during the week and a longer 5 hour x 1 ride at the weekend.

Any suggestions on a suitable tyre where durability and puncture resistance is good without having an excessive weight and a high rolling resistance? On price, I'm thinking a price with a maximum of £35 per tyre should see me able to get something decent and suitable. While Michelin tyres have clearly been a favourite of mine over the years, I'm not looking to steadfastly remain with that brand and I'm open to all brand possibilities.

Cheers

Comments