Ride London 2016 accomodation

Travelodge have just opened their website for bookings under the 325 day rule thing for those of you with guaranteed places or are feeling lucky.

£93 total for the Sat and Sunday night at the Docklands is around £20 more than last year but still very decent value for a family room.

Good luck

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I would rather sleep under a bridge on the Embankment than stay in a Travelodge ever again!
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    I would rather sleep under a bridge on the Embankment than stay in a Travelodge ever again!

This made me laugh as I stayed at the Aldgate Travelodge and backing onto Fenchurch St station, reckon Embankment would have been a better option!

Last time I let my mate book the room!
  • jig
    jig Posts: 134
    Folks

Leaving this a bit last minute as I know a lot of good places will be booked.

But can anybody advise a decent hotel / area to stay? Is it better to stay near the start?

I will be travelling down by car so assuming that nearer the start then bike back after? Pretty clueless for London.

thanks
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    jig wrote:
    Folks

Leaving this a bit last minute as I know a lot of good places will be booked.

But can anybody advise a decent hotel / area to stay? Is it better to stay near the start?

I will be travelling down by car so assuming that nearer the start then bike back after? Pretty clueless for London.

thanks

Forget all of the bum rubbish posted above about the Travelodges. I've done 2 Ride London's before, and stayed at the Travelodge at City Road ( about 2 minutes to the left of Old Street tube station) on one occasion ( it's nicely located for the start of the event, without being right at the start ), and I've stayed at the Travelodge at Waterloo, where I'm staying again this year. It's very nicely located for ease of getting to from the finish, and reasonably priced, and they let you take your bike into the room with you.