Hinde Frame??

Dantimp
Dantimp Posts: 11
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all, new to the forum, I am looking at building a road bike, I have never had a road bike before and looking to not spend much money really.

I have the opportunity to buy a Hinde frame and forks. I have had a little read up and found a lot of bad reports regarding customer service, however nothing really about the quality of the frames.

Any feedback on the actual build quality would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    You don't mention which frame, or which material, but the frames are generally good. I've read some bad comments about Dave, but on balance I've probably read more bad comments about Wiggle, CRC, PBK and loads of others in between. I've never dealt with him, so can't comment.
  • In my experience they are crooks. I had to take an ebay claim to get most of my money back against them. There are plenty of other shops out there - some may offer poor service or make a mistake but not many others will openly refuse to send you what you've paid for and tell you there's f*** all you can do about it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Thanks for your reply, its an aluminium frame, tbh I don't know an awful lot about it yet. It may not even be the right size. Basically my brother bought it as a project but not done anything with it yet so I am thinking about buying it from him as a winter project.
    I am only looking at building from secondhand stuff so not looking at anything special.
  • If you already have the bits to build it up why not, otherwise you'd probably still be better buying a complete second hand bike.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • I haven't got the bits to build it up, I was just going to buy bits as I go along. Can't afford to pay out for a bike so just wanted a project to do over the winter months.