Di2

Twelvety
Twelvety Posts: 7
edited September 2015 in Workshop
Morning,does a firmware upgrade work on 10 speed and 11speed thinking of upgrading to 11speed but might swap back to 10 if I sell the bike and then I have spare mechs for future just in case.

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    You may hit compatibility issues using newer firmware for 11sp on 10sp. It's a while since it bothered me enough to read up on it (last August iirc) but read this: http://carltonbale.com/shimano-di2-everything-you-need-to-know/ to find out more, specifically the bit below Compatibility and then But it's an emergency.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    thought the most recent firmware releases precluded the use of 67** with 68** parts. i.e. no mix and match on the 2 different groupsets...
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    thought the most recent firmware releases precluded the use of 67** with 68** parts. i.e. no mix and match on the 2 different groupsets...
    I *think* this only applies to the internal battery; there's a specific firmware version for that after which, as you say, you can't mix 10- and 11-speed e-tube components. Carlton Bale will likely have the gospel on this.
  • Thanks for replys just thought as long as the rear mechanism and front mechanism were the same it would be ok.