Party time

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,463
edited September 2015 in The bottom bracket
The neighbours look like they're moving. The For Sale sign is gone and they are making bumping noises. There's no chance the bumping noises are of a recreational type or else they wouldn't be such miserable baskets.

Or it might be a false dawn. Spud mashers, spud munchers and spud chuckers welcome if that's the case.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,743
    Would be interesting to find out if he's moving to get away from his horrible neighbours :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Our neighbours across the road had a "Sold" sign about 5 months ago, but then that disappeared and those miserable twunts didn't. Hope you have better luck.
  • pinno
    Maybe I should up the ante and give them a genuine reason to move out...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888

Be yourself?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    toga party
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Invite them round for a nice hot cup of coffee.

CUNT-MUG.jpg

Dick-Mug.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Be yourself?

That's half the problem - I have been. The other two halves of the problem (f*ck mathematical logic) is the toots: they don't like children. Diddums.
  • tlw1

Be yourself?

That's half the problem - I have been. The other two halves of the problem (f*ck mathematical logic) is the toots: they don't like children. Diddums.

Freaks
  • pinno
    Just plain frikkin miserable. They went on holiday earlier this year and their hoover was on less than 30 minutes after they got back.

Conversation I had with said neighbours wifey thing:

{Knock at door, 9am Saturday, approx. 1 year ago]

Me: Hello! Coming in, i'm just feeding the girls.
    Her: No. I heard that you have been complaining to the landlord about us, is this true? I mean, it's a good job it's me talking to you and not him [current husband] because he'd rip your head off! [Thought: Why didn't he come to shout at me then?]
    Me: Well yes, you had no right to come into the property to re-arrange the fence. You have right of access but not the right to do that*.
    Her: One of your girls could have fallen on to my side and split her skull open and it would be me sorting her [trainee paramedic, professional wannabe domestic hygienist]
    Me: There was no mention whatsoever of the girls well being when he had a rant about his privacy, that's just a convenient afterthought to justify trespass. Besides, you don't like children do you? They upset your pristine little world.
    Her: Well, well.... long pause... You have been here over 2 years and I have never seen you clean the windows once! Don't ever talk to us again [storms off].

*Fence was alternate slats which the girls thought were a fantastic ladder to peer over the fence in their vain attempt to actually communicate and say hello to the black Lab.
  • tlw1
    Just plain frikkin miserable. They went on holiday earlier this year and their hoover was on less than 30 minutes after they got back.

Conversation I had with said neighbours wifey thing:

{Knock at door, 9am Saturday, approx. 1 year ago]

Me: Hello! Coming in, i'm just feeding the girls.
    Her: No. I heard that you have been complaining to the landlord about us, is this true? I mean, it's a good job it's me talking to you and not him [current husband] because he'd rip your head off! [Thought: Why didn't he come to shout at me then?]
    Me: Well yes, you had no right to come into the property to re-arrange the fence. You have right of access but not the right to do that*.
    Her: One of your girls could have fallen on to my side and split her skull open and it would be me sorting her [trainee paramedic, professional wannabe domestic hygienist]
    Me: There was no mention whatsoever of the girls well being when he had a rant about his privacy, that's just a convenient afterthought to justify trespass. Besides, you don't like children do you? They upset your pristine little world.
    Her: Well, well.... long pause... You have been here over 2 years and I have never seen you clean the windows once! Don't ever talk to us again [storms off].

*Fence was alternate slats which the girls thought were a fantastic ladder to peer over the fence in their vain attempt to actually communicate and say hello to the black Lab.

What does she look like? ;)
  • pinno
    Like a Russian shot putter and she has this lisp.

I had this imaginary monologue with her on one of my long drives along these lines:

You don't like liccle childwen, espeshally if they get in to your lovely liccle dolls howse 'cos liccle childwen ar all mucky and sticky and make mess.

Thing 1 figured out the gate lock and went next door at the beginning of summer. She was retrieved by mum - no damage and all I could hear was "That's terrible, oh my god, oh my god,how did she get in?" No "Hello little girl, lets find your mummy shall we?" or words to that extent.
    I really want to remind them that their car is not a dental surgery and their house is a home not a hospital.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    we shoukdall vist pina just to meet these people.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    You are The Mattoid and I claim my £5.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr2hul-LlJ0
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    Good thinking. I can be really loud and obnoxious.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno

Just being yourself then?
  • Flâneur
    Oh this isn't to drive them away, just to really see how weird they are
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn

Just being yourself then?
    Absolutely.

So to be clear. Thing one and thing two are outdoor types and are constantly in the garden. The neighbours feel like they are prisoners in their own home because every time they try to enjoy a bit of tranquility in the garden, the noisy kids from next door are climbing all over the fence, (to the extent they damage it) annoying the dog and generally being a nuisance. The parents are the toots are so scared of stifling their little darlings creativity or freedom of expression, they won't set boundaries or give any meaningful discipline. The toots are so out of control that they've taken up wandering around the neighbours garden! And when the neighbour decides to fix the fence the toots broke the parents report them to the landlord!

I feel for you Pina
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425

Doesn't he have enough problems?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    I'm sure there is a touch of exaggeration and devil's advocate in there seano but you're wrong.

The toots did not damage the fence. They weren't climbing the fence that often. They told me once that they wouldn't have children because children are messy! and that is the root of the problem.
    You know yourself that if kids don't get attention, they will do their utmost to get some. The more the neighbours tried to ignore them, the more the girls tried to get the attention.
    Mrs McC the other side of the fence says hello and talks to them and there as good as gold with her. As soon as their silly questions are answered and the conversation is over, they're off doing other things.
    If it's peace and quiet they are after, then f8ck off to the country somewhere. Besides, it is hypocrisy. They have parties, the hoover and the washing machine are in constant use and they often turn the music up at all times of the day.
    Another thing, our two are in bed at 7pm every night without fail and there is no consideration of that by them. Never do they try to make less noise at this time and at no point since we moved in was the relationship good - always awkward, always brittle, always an air of contempt or suspicion.
    If they had tried to establish a relationship from the outset, maybe they would be in a position to negotiate. Maybe, as they do shift work, they could say when they are on nights and we would make allowances for that.
    If they feel like they are trapped in their own house, then it's mostly of their own making.

We used to let the dog in our side and the girls would play with him. Then I would send him home when things got a bit boystrous. Now they are desperate to see him and of course trying to explain to two toots that I can't let the dog in anymore is impossible and so the climbing of the fence was too see the dog.

Good riddance to them I say.
  • seanoconn
    Ok ok. But clean the windows FFS!
  • I think it was Spike Milligan who said 'There are two things in life you can do without, neighbours and piles.'
  • Stevo_666
    Who was it who said "Children are like farts, you can just about stand your own." ?
  • Flâneur
    Can you stand your own Stevo?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Ok ok. But clean the windows FFS!

We do. They get cleaned when we can't see out of them for all the fingerprints whereas them next door clean them religiously because... they're bored/boring/can't orgasm ?
  • Stevo_666
  • Who was it who said "Children are like farts, you can just about stand your own." ?
    I've always said, usually in the pub when annoyed by them........the only thing worse than my screaming kids are some f**ker elses, keep 'em out the pub. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.