Whyte 805 vs 901 or giant talon 0

Oliver3129
Oliver3129 Posts: 6
edited March 2016 in MTB buying advice
I just started mountain biking and been looking at hardtails around the £1000 pound mark I like the look of the Whyte 805 but read the 901 is far better and like the look of the talon 0 any advice would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    Well i'll respond and welcome you to the world of mountain biking and the forum!

I can't speak for the 901, but I own a 905 and its absolutely badass. Perfect geometry, blasts through trails and an awesome balance. It doesn't want to stick to the ground, it wants to be thrown around like a wildebeest!

I purchased it based solely on reviews and I would recommend it to anyone. The 901 is not much different. Get the 901...
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike
  • At this price I would go for a Bird Zero 3 over any of the bikes you mentioned.
    Nice builds and great geometry frames.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What sort of usage for the bike?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cycle tracks in South Wales mainly , just joined a mtb club for weekend rides.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a look at the OnOne parkwood.
  • j_b
    j_b Posts: 1
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm just getting into MTB and was looking at a new whyte 901 but have just been offered a S/h 805 for £400 ie a 1/3 of the price of the 901! ... As it's my first mountain bike, what would you do?!...
    Tia :)