Cervelo S2 vs S3

simarshy
simarshy Posts: 3
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at buying a Cervelo S2 or S3 for triathlons. There doesn't seem to be enough difference between the two to justify the price difference (£1000). Another alternative is the Canyon Aeroad Ultegra.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this?

Can't find the weight of the S2 anywhere, can anyone advise on this?

Comments

• I have an S2, 2014/15 model. As far as i as aware the only difference is the forks. The same is basically the same. Mine came with 105 but i had some Ultegra stuff on my old bike so upgraded what i didn't have, the S2 is now running full Ultegra, any 105 stuff that was left over or i could not trade against new Ultegra bits was put back on the old bike.
    D
  • ollie51
    ollie51 Posts: 517
    frame is the same, forks are not. Might be able to help you on the s3 frame weight, I'll reply here if tomorrow if I can.
  • S2 is apparently 8.1kg with 105. Other than coming with crap wheels as standard seems the S2 is the logical choice. I'd prefer a Canyon but given that I can't test ride it and would have to wait god knows how long.
  • Mine is 7.8kg with carbon handlebars, 6700 group set and RS81's c24.
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    There seem to be some decent discounts around on MY15 bikes at the moment. That might put the S3 closer to your budget.
  • There seem to be some decent discounts around on MY15 bikes at the moment. That might put the S3 closer to your budget.

Have seen some discounts on the r3 and s2 but nothing really on the s3. Where have you seen any deals? Ta
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Don't know how tall you are or where you live, but Edinburgh Bike Coop in Edinburgh had an S5 on sale for a shade under £2300 last week.