Purpose-built cleaning/working area outside?

womble88
womble88 Posts: 32
edited September 2015 in Workshop
Hello,

Does anyone have a purpose-built area for cleaning/working on bikes outside? Somewhere that is good at resisting oil stains or where it doesn't matter? If so what surface/surface treatments does it use, if any?

We've just moved into a house with a garage, and while I'll be creating a small area in there for working on the family's bikes, I'd like an area outside for cleaning / lubing etc.

We're having quite a bit of work done to the house and parts of the driveway are likely to be taken up, so while digging is happening I'm thinking of creating a small area where it won't matter about oil stains, gunk etc (wife won't be keen on stains on the main bit of the driveway). There's also the question of stopping oil etc going into the drainage system, although I tend to use bio-degradable stuff where possible to limit the impact. Obviously could treat the main driveway or just jet wash/get an oil remover on it every so often, but given I've got the chance to actually make a small area designed for the purpose, it seems worth considering. Any advice or experience would be very welcome.

Thanks

Comments