Race-fit L/S jerseys

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
For some reason I seem to struggle to fit a s/s base layer under a tight s/s jersey to couple with armwarmers, and if I use a sleeveless baselayer instead with a s/s jersey and warmers, my 'biceps' (if they can even be described as that) and armpits get cold.

Does anyone know any good l/s race fit jerseys which aren't quite as thick as a jacket? I used to have a Rapha PT jersey and stupidly sold it. Wondering what else is out there?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a good, tight fitting base layer which wont get crumpled when I put a s/s jersey over the top.

I'm currently wearing a s/s helly dry fit (size s) and struggling to fit a rapha PT s/s jersey (also size s) over the top as the sleeves of the base layer get crumpled, ride up and become uncomfortable. I have a sleeveless base layer which happily goes underneath, though.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,148
    castelli baselayers are mostly skintight, core mesh for instance, never had issues with one riding up with arm warmers and ss jersey
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Any sports compression-wear with a high proportion of lycra (or a visit to the gym to develop some arm muscles to hold your arm-warmers ;-) )
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I think that the Torm LS jerseys are great. The fit is nice and close but still with the ability to shove a base layer underneath.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Any sports compression-wear with a high proportion of lycra (or a visit to the gym to develop some arm muscles to hold your arm-warmers ;-) )

Haha my arm warmers do stay up, but there is a noticeable cold patch where the warmers end and sleeveless base layer begins
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    I'm a big fan of the Rapha merino base layer. Worn mine over the last few weeks under 2 or 3 different jerseys including a rather snug Gabba and often with arm warmers. Good in warm or cooler weather and seems to have decent length sleeves so you don't get that gap.

As for a LS jersey (which will no doubt be seeing some service soon), I've got a Castelli Trasparente jersey - windproof but still not too thick and whilst maybe not race fit is the typical Castelli snugness.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    The Castelli AR long sleeve jersey is an excellent bit of kit. Warm, but nowhere near as thick as a jacket and still lightweight. It's also very close fitting.