Stumpjumper Expert EVO 650b

Jackal33
Jackal33 Posts: 9
edited September 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

I have found a Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon EVO 650b 2015 new for a great price.

My Question to all you knowledgable Guy's and girls is, Is it suitable for what i want?.I am looking for a bike i can do long off road cross country rides on but also do a bit of down hill stuff and trails nothing to challenging though.

I am 5"7 and the bike is a Medium frame

Whats your thoughts

Cheers

Carl.

Comments

• Should be perfect. No idea if it will be the right size or not though. I know my mate is 6'ish and rides a medium Stumpjumper.
  • Thanks for the reply i have to make the decision tomorrow so think i will go for it .
  • Don't do it without checking the sizing first. If it's not right then you're just throwing money away no matter how cheap it is.
  • loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    5"7? Medium frame?

Dooooo iiitt!!
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike
  • My mate is an inch shorter than you and rides a small in the 29er. Another friend of the same height demo'd a medium and found it a touch too big (he couldn't get the seatpost low enough)
  • Hi thanks again for your feedback i have sized it up and i fall right into the medium bracket, my On One Dirty Disco cyclocross bike and Scott Carbon road bike are medium plus i had a go on a friends sworks enduro medium about an hour ago and it was perfect for me so it should be fine . All that said i will put my deposit down tomorrow and check it out before i pay in full at the weekend .

Thanks for all your feedback
  • Sizing can vary a lot between models even if they are the same make. Looking at the geometry, it's not much smaller than some large frames.
    Don't make the mistake of sizing it like a road bike.