La Vuelta 15 #15 Comillas / Sotres. Cabrales **SPOILERS**

2»

Comments

• I love the way Aru climbs, all over the bike clearly wringing every last ounce of effort from his body. That said I'd love Rodriguez to win this race, plenty in front of Aru in his career but it'd be nice for Rodriguez to win a grand tour.

I want Aru to win but will certainly be very pleased with a JRod win.

At this rate though Tom D is probably going to win by a significant amount. They need to drop him for two mins to be in with a shout.

40km TT: one of the best TT riders in the World vs climbers notoriously bad at TT...just got to hope (probably quite likely) that Tom D is smoked after all the effort so his TT performance is only a shadow of what he can normally do.

Aru's performance in the Giro tt was a little promising but he did drop off quite a lot in the last third. He was ill however.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I like Tom mainly because he looks like me on a bike :) When I got into cycling all the 5'6 bow legged regulars in my first club said I was 'too big to be a cyclist' !! Then Indurain came along and it went quiet . And I did well in some tough hilly races and even hill climbs and rated climbing as a strength plus riding into block headwinds! Never got anywhere near 70kg though and I can't see that he is - I got to 75Kg and didn't look well and that was <8 % bodyfat

utrechtcentral.com-Tom-Dumoulin1.jpg
  • I love the way Aru climbs, all over the bike clearly wringing every last ounce of effort from his body. That said I'd love Rodriguez to win this race, plenty in front of Aru in his career but it'd be nice for Rodriguez to win a grand tour.

I want Aru to win but will certainly be very pleased with a JRod win.

At this rate though Tom D is probably going to win by a significant amount. They need to drop him for two mins to be in with a shout.

40km TT: one of the best TT riders in the World vs climbers notoriously bad at TT...just got to hope (probably quite likely) that Tom D is smoked after all the effort so his TT performance is only a shadow of what he can normally do.

Aru's performance in the Giro tt was a little promising but he did drop off quite a lot in the last third. He was ill however.

It'll be interesting to see if they can properly crack Dumoulin today on the final climb.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,472
    I know some folks on here reckon Froome is rather ungainly on a velocipede, but watching Aru struggle up a hill is quite one of the strangest things I have ever seen.

Had the same thoughts. Looks like he is wrestling the bike all the way.

Stylish, aggressive, winner. Heart of fire and he leaves it on the macadam at any opportunity. Rather watch that 1 then 100x watching some 150 rpm, seated rider, zero pain face (when you see it), riding his own race and turning on the turbo boosters in the last 1km.

Pure passion and talent from when he was a youngster. Just like Nibali. Real riders.

Giro-della-Valle-dAosta-Aru.jpg

it's strange that since this time last year you were full fo praise for froome.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago