Chain rubbing on new fron derailleur and crankset

underbb
underbb Posts: 3
edited September 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello my friends.. :) My bicycle is a Rockrider 520. I have replaced my front derailleur with Shimano Acera FD-M390 and my crankset with Shimano Acera FC-M391. But chain is rubbing inside of FD even when FD cable is not attached. I tried completely loose L screw but it still rubbing and FD is not moving inside anymore. FD is parallel with chainrings and there is 3 mm gap with FD and biggest chainring. How can I solve this?

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/QJlHg

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Doesn't look straight in that pic, but who can say?

Have you got the spacers right?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What length axel does the BB have and what length does it say you should use?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Doesn't look straight in that pic, but who can say?

Have you got the spacers right?

Yes it seems not perfect straight in pics but its straight really.

And what is the spacer? Could you give me some info? :(

What length axel does the BB have and what length does it say you should use?

I don't know the axle length and I didn't change that. Is axle lengths differ on the crankset? The old crankset was a Miranda (??). And even my old FD is not fit with the new crankset. I started to think there is something wrong with the axle length after you say it.

And... I read the instructions of the crankset againg and I noticed that there is a "Applicable bottom bracket" section. It says: BB-UN26 (-K) (spindle LL123) and BB-ES25 (-K) (spindle 126)

Chain line: 50mm
    Shell with: 68/73mm (1.37 x 24 T.P.I.)

And I don't even know what these are :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Different cranksets nee different axle lengths to get the chainline right, that is whey there is a range of axle widths available!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.