Giant Rapid 1

jok5
jok5 Posts: 46
edited September 2015 in Commuting general
Just put a deposit down on a 2016 Giant Rapid 1 as my new commute bike. Had been using a mountain bike. Anyone any experience of the Rapid. Good bad or different. :-)

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Its a good quality fast road orientated Hybrid, very similar in concept to the Boardman hybrids.

Not sure how much you paid, but it's well specced and a decent bike, its similar to my own commuter (home built using a Carrera Gryphon frame in my case), we have a lot of Hybrid haters on it, but if you prefer flat bars to drops (as I do) then its best to ignore them!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mrtuk
    mrtuk Posts: 75
    I looked at the rapid a few years ago as was after a flat-bar road bike. I ended up going for a ridgeback flight instead, mainly due to proximity of bike store. I liked the rapid 1 though - seemed light + fast (and probably upgraded even more by now), and they said it had room for full mudguards and pannier rack (which were important for me). Giant will be close to the top of my list when I am looking for my N+1 ... may not be as soon as I would like though :-(