Ex-Rental Giant Glorys, good deals?

neilus
neilus Posts: 245
edited September 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hiya
Ive been toying with the idea of getting a 2nd hand DH bike for bike parks if a decent offer pops up. These guys are selling some ex-rental Glorys:
https://www.facebook.com/events/465144620333692/
Giant Glory 2 2014: 1.400€ (£1000 or so)
Giant Glory 2 2015: 1.700€ (£1250)
I dunno, seem like good deals, but not "whip out credit card immediately" amazing. Im very new to DH stuff so know next to nothing about specs! Dunno how much of a factor it is that theyre ex-rental. I know the guys in the shop and they are spot on about everything that goes out the door...
Cheers :)

Comments

• They aren't cheap and DH rental bikes get hammered. Whenever me and my mates have hired DH bikes on holiday we abuse them far worse than we would abuse our own bikes.
    Look out for a private sale from someone who has most likely looked after it.
  • neilus
    neilus Posts: 245
    Cheers RM, I'll hold on for a while...not sure what to do about a dh bike. I cant help thinking that it makes life too easy on challenging trails, it might be a bit trickier on my Trance but doable and ill become a better rider in the long run...
    Cheers :)
  • Downhill bikes aren't easier to ride. They're very different and take a lot of effort to ride. They only work when ridden flat out but the speed you can carry is ridiculous. If anything my downhill bike has forced me to become a better rider, I now feel a lot more relaxed and comfortable at higher speeds which means I can ride better.