BMC Teammachine SLR01

JC180
JC180 Posts: 9
edited February 2016 in Your road bikes
Hi chaps, and ladies.

I purchased this as an SLR01 Ultegra back in late June and took it to the Lake District for 3 days. Coming from a Trek Domane 4.5 Disc, the SLR01 was a revelation, so light, so flighty and stiff, climbing speeds were instantly much higher and I had a great time on it. Since then, I've been busy with a raft of upgrades, Dura Ace 9000 mechanical groupset, C-Bear bottom bracket, Enve Wheels for fast riding, Chris King Pacenti's for rougher stuff, I absolutely love this bike and as I was crafty with all my buying (Ex-display bike, used wheels & saddle) the bike and bits (£10K approx) cost me just over a third of that which is the icing on the cake, here's a pic and spec: -

02E1293B-D4BA-4799-AE41-A49022A2B2A1_zpsehiapx6l.jpg

BMC Teammachine SLR01
Full Dura Ace 9000 mechanical groupset
Dura Ace 9000 pedals
C-Bear ceramic bottom bracket
Enve 3.4 SES powertap wheels
Enve titanium skewers
Continental Competition ProLtd tubs
Swissstop Black Prince brake pads
Jagwire link gear and brake cables
Bontrager Paradigm XXX carbon saddle
3T ergonova bar with Lizardskins DSP
3T Stem

Completely rebuilt by my own fair hands and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Comes it at 6.5kg without pedals and cages.

Rides like a dream and accelerates like a rocket, I just love taking this bike for a ride.

Comments

• Well done, fella, great buying to get all that at the price you did.
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    Fantastic bike and great upgrades. I love these bikes so much I now have two and I'm in the process of building up the second one from the frameset. Likewise, both mine built on a budget.
  • Lovely bike makes me want a bmc ;)
    Me too. Hang on, I've already got one :)

Nice rig!
  • I've got the SLR02 (poor persons version) :) and love it-it's soooooo smooth. What size frame is that?
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    i've got the 2014 version, its a truly amazing bike. nice extras... they accelerate pretty well as well.

prefer your colour scheme! :)
  • I've got the SLR02 (poor persons version) :) and love it-it's soooooo smooth. What size frame is that?

I've got the poor poor SLR03 version, and I love that....

Can only imagine what the SLR02 / SLR01 are like to ride....

Hi Nick, it's size 54.

Thanks chaps for your comments, it's a dream bike, straight to the top of the pile within a few months of getting seriously in to cycling. Only done 500 miles on her so far, but did 1,000 on the Trek since March and spend a lot of time on my Wahoo Kickr.

The Domane is running 28mm tubeless Schwalbe One's so will see fair bit of the winter but this will come out when the weather is clear and the sun is shining.

Just pulled of the conti tubs, cleaned up the rims and putting Schwalbe One Tubs on, wasn't at all happy with the Conti's. Surprising as they are the ProLtd version, not available to mere mortals. Would have expected them to be super plush but they're stiff and you feel everything.
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    All that money on all that bike and you have that horrid red tape on the bars!! Each to their own obviously!! ;)
  • That's a really nice machine!
    Pretty much my dream bike right there 8)

I'm surprised you didn't get on with the Contis- I find they ride really nicely but then I only have the awful Vittoria Corsa Evos (the ones with the dodgy tread compound) to compare against for tubs.
  • A fantastic looking bike.
  • JC180 wrote:
    Hi chaps, and ladies.

I purchased this as an SLR01 Ultegra back in late June and took it to the Lake District for 3 days. Coming from a Trek Domane 4.5 Disc, the SLR01 was a revelation, so light, so flighty and stiff, climbing speeds were instantly much higher and I had a great time on it. Since then, I've been busy with a raft of upgrades, Dura Ace 9000 mechanical groupset, C-Bear bottom bracket, Enve Wheels for fast riding, Chris King Pacenti's for rougher stuff, I absolutely love this bike and as I was crafty with all my buying (Ex-display bike, used wheels & saddle) the bike and bits (£10K approx) cost me just over a third of that which is the icing on the cake, here's a pic and spec: -

02E1293B-D4BA-4799-AE41-A49022A2B2A1_zpsehiapx6l.jpg

BMC Teammachine SLR01
    Full Dura Ace 9000 mechanical groupset
    Dura Ace 9000 pedals
    C-Bear ceramic bottom bracket
    Enve 3.4 SES powertap wheels
    Enve titanium skewers
    Continental Competition ProLtd tubs
    Swissstop Black Prince brake pads
    Jagwire link gear and brake cables
    Bontrager Paradigm XXX carbon saddle
    3T ergonova bar with Lizardskins DSP
    3T Stem

Completely rebuilt by my own fair hands and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Comes it at 6.5kg without pedals and cages.

Rides like a dream and accelerates like a rocket, I just love taking this bike for a ride.

Hey my Friend, I saw this post about the BMC SLR01, I'm thinking about buying one. Yours is 54 right ? What is your height and inseam ??? thanks