Rockshox Sektor solo air 2014

RyanMK43
RyanMK43 Posts: 113
edited September 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys

im having some issues with my Rockshox Sektor forks. they were working absolutely fine until i flew home from scotland and now the top seems to make a cluck sound. it doesnt matter how much i play with the rebound adjuster (which works fine, slowing the forks rebound and also having it all the way open) i still get this top out cluck. i let all the air out left the forks for while, pumped them up again and still the same problem. oh i let all the air out of the forks before flying as well. Nothing seems loose, i checked my headset, stem, handlebars, QR leavers, everything seems tight and fine. im scratching my head at what it could be and why it has happened after flying home. the lockout works fine, the motion of the forks is fine, the rebound is fine, just this annoying clunking sound when the fork tops out. any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

Comments

• shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    Had the same with my setors on my new whyte 901. Got them replaced under warranty. It's happening a lot with this model of fork. You'll find a lot of reports if you set an the forums. Also one of the MTB magazines had the same issue on their long term test bike.
  • I hope it's not a case of a warranty case as the forks are 2013 model (purchased in oct 2013) not 2014. So i don't think warranty would cover them now. I have stripped them and serviced them and still have the same top out sound. The strange thing is at about 50-60psi they seem fine, no annoying top out sound and everything seems working ok. But as soon as i put more pressure in then they have this top out knock/clunk sound. Even with the rebound set to the slowest setting it still has this clunk. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Probably letting all the air out didn't help, perfectly safe left pressurised anyway.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.