Am I destroying my bike?

Epinephrine
Epinephrine Posts: 3
edited September 2015 in MTB beginners
I'm new to mountain biking.
I've been riding a Specialized Epic Expert Carbon for the last year, mainly on nice easy forestry tracks etc.

Recently I've been getting into single track because it get's the blood pumping a bit more and is way more exciting.

I've been on the Marin trail in Llanrwst this week and done a couple of the Red routes in Coed Y Brenin, and I can't help but worry that my bike is getting a hammering. Am I worrying about nothing, or do I need to swap my XC for something a bit beefier?!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably not.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ^^^^^^^As above^^^^^^^^

Just keep on top of checking and servicing.
  • What they said, certain parts will wear quicker as your being harder on the bike, it could be argued there's a higher chance of damage from glancing of rocks or whatever..
  • Watch a world cup xc race and see how hard an xc bike can be ridden. Even Cyclo-cross bikes can take a proper beating these days.
  • Cheers everyone! I guess now I've got no excuse for riding like a sissy :D
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    No need to look for an excuse to buy another bike. If there is resistance from wife / gf then of course then show her any part of the bike and tell her it is dangerous. Lie about the price of the new one of course and tell her that 2016 is the model number and not the year.

Alt just get one and say you've had it for ages. They do it to us after all when commenting on the coat.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: