Cannondale CAAD10 105

smwatson90
smwatson90 Posts: 17
edited September 2015 in Your road bikes
I've been looking at getting a road bike for a while (coming from a now stolen Specialized Sirrus hybrid) and the Wheelbase offer on this was too good to turn down.

My first time assembling a bike too which was fun. This photo is from my first ride this morning. I've since raised the saddle a bit. Weighs somewhere between 8-8.5kg I reckon, based on the highly accurate bathroom scales method and including SPD pedals (I know, I know).

I'm also aware that the photo doesn't really go with the rules, but I'll take a better one in due course...

Frame: CAAD10, size 56
Groupset: Full 105, bar FSA chainset
Wheels: Shimano RS11 (with neat green graphics)
Schwalbe Lugano tyres

I'll probably change the saddle soon, it's not hugely comfortable. Will try a long ride first.

IMG_20150902_144908.jpg

Comments

• Great first road bike and to be honest you'll be hard pushed to ever buy a better frameset. Enjoy.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Thanks!

One thing that puzzled me during the build - I flicked the quick release on the brakes and it doesn't open the caliper enough (front brake) to remove the wheel. I had to deflate the tyre to get it on. Something wrong or user error?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sometimes on 25mm tyres it takes a bit of force to get them in/out. I find my 23s are fine, 25s need a whack, I have 105 5800 brakes, FWIW.

Nice bike!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Am I the only one thinking it looks like the chain could do with being a link shorter? Otherwise lovely bike!
  • Thanks!

One thing that puzzled me during the build - I flicked the quick release on the brakes and it doesn't open the caliper enough (front brake) to remove the wheel. I had to deflate the tyre to get it on. Something wrong or user error?

Exactly the same problem on a new Bianchi last week although I think they''ve pinched the calipers a tad too tight when tying off the cable
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Nice bike I have one of these also and the ride is very good.

Loosen the brake via the cable in line adjuster this will widen it enough to get the tyre out.
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • IMG_20150907_WA0005.jpg

Is a lovely, lovely bike. Feels like a noisy one though - is 105 usually noisy or is something not right?

Also think I'll get a new saddle. Really not agreeing with this one.
  • IMG_20150907_WA0005.jpg

Is a lovely, lovely bike. Feels like a noisy one though - is 105 usually noisy or is something not right?

Also think I'll get a new saddle. Really not agreeing with this one.

No it should be quiet. I take it you mean the gears? Try readjusting them, there's some good tutorials on youtube if you need assistance.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Thanks!

Give it a bit of help.... should squeeze over. When I changed tyres on my Defy from the ones it came with to some GP4000s I had the same problem. Despite them both being 25s!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    [quote Is a lovely, lovely bike. Feels like a noisy one though - is 105 usually noisy or is something not right?

Also think I'll get a new saddle. Really not agreeing with this one.[/quote]

I'll say it again; the chain's too long. In all the photos with the chain in the small ring / small sprocket combo, the rear mech looks to be folded back on itself. I'm sure you could take a couple of links out of that.